Yeti GOBOX Collection

2014 Fat Off

Congrats Z! That is simply badass & inspiring. After watching my wife run the half for the second year I am officially going to commit to run it again. May even go for the half coming in the fall.

Ended up with my first ever DNF this past weekend on my 50K trail race.

I fell 7 times over the first 20 miles and my collarbone wasn't completely healed yet from when I broke it skiing this winter so I ended up calling it a day after 20.6 miles.

If you want to read my race report I posted it on my blog.

http://padens.blogspot.com/

Was for sure a learning experience, a lot more effort than the same miles on the road that's for sure!

What times are you talking, I usually go to church 11:30 on Sundays.

Well on Wednesdays I usually get there around 830 and down by 1030. But I can start earlier now the kids are out of school Sundays I can start anytime you want. Usually takes me about 45 mins up and 25-30 to run down the Barr trail. Never came down the steps before

Nathan

Tough one on the DNF, but you made the right decision. Don't dwell on it and run on. Like you, I run to hunt. Not the other way around. Live for another day.

Well on Wednesdays I usually get there around 830 and down by 1030. But I can start earlier now the kids are out of school Sundays I can start anytime you want. Usually takes me about 45 mins up and 25-30 to run down the Barr trail. Never came down the steps before

I thought I saw where they are going to be closing the Incline for repairs?

Still trying to fit a schedule in.

I decided today that I'm going to drop 15 lbs by elk season. Throughout high school and college I never really exceeded 150 lbs. I'm up to almost 165 now and I decided if I lose those 15lbs it will be like I'm not carrying a daypack at all.

My plan is to go to a mostly paleo diet of meat and veggies and cut way back on carbs. I'm hoping by doing this, watching my calorie intake, and dragging myself out of bed at 4:45 every morning to exercise before work I can lose 1 lb/wk and hit my goal a couple weeks before I head to New Mexico. We'll see how it goes!

I wish I could run like most out there, but some bad knee problems basically make it impossible. I'm stuck on the elliptical for my cardio and also lift weights. I started doing hill sprints recently and it kicks my butt yet it doesn't seem to bother my knees. I may have to try some swimming once the lake warms up if I can find a safe area to swim in.

Good luck to all!

Now that I know I drew my elk tag and I'm not going to puss out because of my knee...I need to drop a ton of weight and quit smoking in a matter of 3 months...ugh I was embarrassed at the HT bear hunt.

Last edited:
I thought I saw where they are going to be closing the Incline for repairs?

Still trying to fit a schedule in.

August thru November is when it is closing so you better get your work in before..lol just shoot me a PM here or look me up on FB if ya got it..I can do evenings during the week too just not my norm I usually am running near the house

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back