MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2011 Pronghorn

van franke

Its that time again, to start scouting and making plans for hunting. Finally got out yesterday to do some scouting for Colorado and I was happry with what I found. Here is some of the better pics.

July 12, 2011

First buck I found.
DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

While I was stopped I heard something in the wheat and I looked over to see five of these.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

Im pretty sure I have pics of this buck from last year I need to look though. This one is getting an arrow if hes not careful.
DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

Have to be happy with a quick scouting trip like that.

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

More soon

Van is that an OTC or draw unit and how do you hunt them with a bow? spot and stalk, decoy or blinds?

Great Pics. Got our Wy antelope tags in the mail Monday waiting for the deer tag to come anyday. Can't wait to make it toWy for the hunt this year. Good luck to all

Mudranger1 it is an otc unit for archery, normally early I try to hunt waterholes but the way it keeps raining here that will be tough. Last night we got over 3 inches in places, water is sitting everywhere. Looking to use the decoy a little more this year.

Very cool, I have seen one nice buck so far and a few more that I would be plenty happy to take with a bow. Now if I could only get 40 yards away from them come August...

Nice catch on the Sand Hills!!

I might have to send you a PM about that location.... I might be attempting OTC Archery this year.

Good looking scouting trip. From the looks of things one of my Idaho archery units took a real beating over the winter and its looking like I may have to find some new country.

I knew I had already taken pics of this buck and he hasn't moved more than a mile from where I took pics last year. I saw him again yesterday morning but he is flighty, doesnt stick around to become a future cover model.
DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

Big Slick sent me these pics of a buck he has been scouting asked me to post them up, I already gave him a range I thought he was, interested to hear what you guys think he would score. He is after his first buck and has been putting in for 11 years to draw a tag so he isnt taking this tag lightly.

Andy2.jpg

Andy3.jpg

Andy4.jpg

Thanks Van for keeping me primed and helping me out with judging. I don't know if he's the one but with all your pics you post of speed goats it's helped me out a lot with looking at them.

I'd say around 76. Hard to say without a clear front view. Could be more if he's a fatty.

I was figuring 78 maybe a little better, good lower mass but the tops are weak. Should have some pics by the end of the weekend heading to WY tomorrow to check out some areas. Should be a good photo op. Later

Im back from WY had some business to do there so I got in a day of scouting. Rob tagged along and it was good to get back up there. Here is the break down

August 06, 2011
Alarm went off at 2:30 AM and I met Rob in Cheyenne at 5. 2 and half hours later we were scouting. The antelope seem to be scattered out more this year. Not sure if its due to the moisture this year or what, still found lots of bucks.
DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

Found a couple mulie sheds next to a very impressive bed a buck dug out by this big sage brush.
DSC_0315.jpg

Rob tests out his bed and shows just why they are so hard to spot.

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

Last edited:
Back