2011 MT Billy

After seeing all your pics and the stories behind them i can relate to every single one of them! I had my Tag in the Absorkees last year here in Montana and it was one of the single most inspiring things I've ever been a part of , the scouting the hard work, the dedication and perseverance it takes to kill such a beautiful animal is so worth it in the end...great job...here is mine i took.

Looks just like the one mdunc killed in there this year!

Sorry mdunc, I'm an ass, couldn't resist.

Awesome thread, thanks for sharing this is great. Congrats on the great season.

Looks just like the one mdunc killed in there this year!

Sorry mdunc, I'm an ass, couldn't resist.

Just saw your response in the other thread to a similar rib, now I really feel like a dick. Didn't mean to pile on buddy.

Maybe I'll just keep putting in for the Crazies? No Griz, yes?

Correct..no griz.
That unit is going to be a goat hunting circus if the tag quotas get increased like they are proposing.

I'd switch if I were you..but I'm a little biased. Saw lots of G-bear sign, but never ran into one in 14 trips in there. Also did not see another hunter other that one tent camp in an adjacent basin early on, and a couple horseback hunters at the trailheads.

Great pictures and great goat! I drew my goat tag in 2006 and can't wait until I can start applying to draw another one! My unit was great and I want to hunt it again...and soon!

Correct..no griz.
That unit is going to be a goat hunting circus if the tag quotas get increased like they are proposing.

Dink, I 'd concur with Drake's advice. Just check where Crittergetter is going to hunt if you draw the tag and go somewhere else.:)

Drake, incredible hunt, writeup and stories. Do the lifesize mount. Once the pain of paying for it is over, you will treasure it over all your other mounts. Very few days go by that I don't look at my billy on the wall and remember a segment of my hunt.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back