PEAX Equipment

2011 Montana Coyotes

THWAK1

I got a FOXPRO Firestorm for Christmas '10 from my girlfriend (yeah, she's a keeper). I had always used mouth calls for calling in yotes but had heard good things about the FOXPRO's so I was excited to try it out. I was an electronic game call rookie!

My dad and I hunted coyotes mid-January though mid-March. On our very first set-up in January, I called in a single and on the next set-up I called in a double; we killed all 3! The next two months we had great success calling in and killing 26 coyotes! We also called in at least that many that we either missed or we didn't shoot at because I was trying to coax in others that we could see to within range! We ended the season with a great double also.

It was an awesome time and I look forward to hunting coyotes full time this next winter! Here are some pictures I took of our success:

Attachments

• Jan 17.jpg
    Jan 17.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,790
  • Jan 17 (13).jpg
    Jan 17 (13).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,848
  • Jan 17 (9).jpg
    Jan 17 (9).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,699
  • Jan 22 (1).jpg
    Jan 22 (1).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,712
  • Jan 22 (5).jpg
    Jan 22 (5).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,750
  • Feb 5.jpg
    Feb 5.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,706
  • Feb 14 (3).jpg
    Feb 14 (3).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,600
  • Feb 22 (2).jpg
    Feb 22 (2).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,747
  • Feb 22 (7).jpg
    Feb 22 (7).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,725
  • Feb 26.jpg
    Feb 26.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,677
  • Mar 6.jpg
    Mar 6.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,608
  • Mar 6 (3).jpg
    Mar 6 (3).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,668
  • Mar 6 (6).JPG
    Mar 6 (6).JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 1,687
Nice!
Electric calls are going to be legal on wolves, you should head over here and give it a try this winter.

Good job. Its nice to see another coyote caller around here.

Nice!
Electric calls are going to be legal on wolves, you should head over here and give it a try this winter.

Actually it is not legal to use e callers for wolves. No recorded sounds on any big game species.

Nice looking coyotes.

Nice pics, what's your Dad shooting for a rig?

I've called in a couple of groups of wolves now and can't wait for snow to get after them...grin

I do a little coyote'n myself

PA010005.jpg

Big Luke,

My coyote rifle is a Winchester Model 70 XTR Sporter Varmint in .223 I bought many years ago. I shoot 40 gr V-MAX handloads.

Mato,

My dad carried a few different rifles this past winter, depending on his mood I guess, LOL. 6mm, 25.06, .308, 7MM I think...

I carried my BOWTECH a couple of times but never got a chance at a close one on those days. The days I didn't carry it, we called in some really close ones! Guess that's how it goes.

Oh, and I almost forgot. I spent the coyote season breaking in a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400's that my girlfriend also bought me for Christmas. Great boots...and girlfriend! :)

love the look of your coyotes,great job.BTW this would be a good year to get after them as the prices should be up on the pelts.

Actually it is not legal to use e callers for wolves. No recorded sounds on any big game species.

Nice looking coyotes.

Whoops! you're right.

It is legal in Idaho, but not Montana.

Nice looking coyotes.

All you have to do is go to Idaho. E-callers will be legal there for wolves. Their F&G department isn't chicken-shit regarding wolf management.

Looks like I need to get one of those calls for wolves here in Idaho. Season opened today!

I hope I can get something for them this next year considering how expensive diesel is! Anyone know of a good place in central Montana to take them, let me know. Thanks...

I used to do a lot of that back in college. Now with the family and living in Minneapolis, not so much. I miss heading out west after them though....

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back