2009 Wyoming pronghorn

Which one of you goobers is going to guide me to my Wyoming goat next year? I'm max'd out on preference points and have never been lope hunting.

Just checked...shows me as having two, but the preference points from this year will not reflect until Nov. So I have three, which is max, correct?

Was looking at the drawing odds. What is the deal with the less than and equal to (<, =) under the total points column? If it is < 3, why not put 2, etc, etc? I'm sure I am missing something here.

Including this year, 4 is max.

Some people apply as groups and the individuals have different numbers of points. WY averages points for groups and does not round, so you can end up with 2.333 points for a group, etc.

So as my advisor, should I wait one more year or pull the plug in 2010? I just assumed 3 was max because in the quick search I did, I didn't see anyone with more than that.

All depends on your schedule and what you are looking for in a hunt. I'd burn them so that you can start building them again sooner, but that's just me. ;)

Just out of curiosity as I'm just starting the points game, was this unit one of the premier tags or one you could draw with one or no points?

Back