2008 muley

ismith

2008huntingseason013.jpg

Oooohh, that is a great one.

I would have blurred those peaks, but maybe you shot it somewhere else and just took the picture there.

Congrats on a great buck.

Thanks! Im sure theres a few people that recongnize those mountains, but I was blessed with a 324-50 permit that year so its no secret spot. Not the 180 class buck id been dreaming about, but a very cool hunt and big bodied old deer. Looking forward to hunting that country again this year!

Nice deer. Pics like this are getting me excited about htis season.

This really is a cool picture.
That's some awesome country to run around in too.

Heres a pic of him with my 2007 buck at the taxidermist. The 2007 buck is my "last" shoulder mount according to my wife.
2008huntingseason016.jpg

Thats a neat trick getting that box of mini-wheats to hover there like that.

Nice bucks! Looks like a full body mount is in your future...technically she did not say "no more mounts." LOL

G2's!!!

What did your 2007 deer's G2's measure? Those are insane. Definitely a trophy in my book, even if it is missing G3s. How far did you have to backpack out with your 2008 and how much did your pack weigh? I'm curious because this September I'll be going into 150 and I'll have about 10 miles in + travel towards any shooters. If I could snag a monster it would be worth it all though :)

Did you say you are going there again? Must be some nice draw odds.

I dont recall the exact measurement but it was right around 16 inches. I never weighed the pack but it was heavy. A ten mile packout with a whole boned deer would be pretty tough for me, id have to make to trips. The buck i got last year required a five mile packout and I was beat. I drew a moose tag in the same area I got my 2008 buck, the deer permit is moderately tough to draw.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back