Caribou Gear

2007 WY elk

oleefish2

This is the elk I killed in WY 2007. After walking for 3 1/2 days I killed this bull about 450 yards from were I was parked. I was helping a man 83 look for a cow and this bull came running. I watched him for 25 minutes and killed him at about 275 yards with a 358 Winchester hand gun... Olefish

Attachments

• scan00011.jpg
    scan00011.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 407
Very nice!!!

PS- Is that blood on the antler tips? If so, from you or do you think he'd been fighting?

Tis' a Great Side of the road bull ... ;)

Congrats man, thats Awesome !!!! Do you even own a rifle ?

Nice Bull. 275 yards with a hand gun. That's getting out there for me with a rifle. Good shooting.

We were parked about 1 mile from the main road on top of a point that overlooks several miles of country. On a good day you may see 1000 elk but they are on private land that I can not go on. We normaly walk to a ridge and watch for crossing elk, but with dad I was just kicking back enjoying him and a nice day... Just lucky I guess.. Olefish.

With the a good rest it is not hard at all. There are guys that are able to shoot 5 inch groups at 600 yards and they even do the 1000 match. They are using custom built rigs. But 300 yards is not hard but the rest has to be very good to make it work. I use a bipod and rest the butt grip on a shooting swtick. olefish

Back