2004 deer hunting goals

get any of my boys their first deer.
wyoming antelope for me and the oldest boy.
sambar with my bow.

I've got some high and lofty goals for 2004 and it will start with finding some of my highcountry pals wearing their vlevet head gear in another month os so. I've got several bucks that I have seen and watched grow up. I will be targeting individual bucks come Sept. If one of those big bastards don't show me themselves during the season then I'll settle for a regular ol' 200 inch net NT. Those 180 net typicals that DK settles for just ain't got it for me. HEHEHE. I would rather have the TRASH any day.

I didn't draw sh!t, so im heading to Canada screw it!
Sept 1-8 I'm hunting geese in the morning and white tails in the evening.
Hey BC boy how is the Green Lake area?
I'm glad to see ya over here.

my goal is to shoot whatever DeerKing and B.C. BOY pass-on and to hunt more than the 6 or 7 days i got to last year!

If i draw a maine moose tag and i get to hunt maine this year than i hope to tag a bull and possibly a bear!

if i dont draw maine than realistically any elk from Co. would be fine.

and finally my only ace in the hole is a few Kentucky whitetail does for the freezer.

Good luck to everyone !

My goals for the year are mostly for my kids. I hope to get my youngest son his first buck during his first year eligible to hunt, to help my daughter harvest a great bull on her LE elk permit, and last but not least, to harvest a bigger buck that my oldest son. (chances of that seem to usually be slim and none, and I heard slim is hunting elsewhere this year) :mad:
:confused: :mad: :mad:

Wooohooo! Finally got the Cowboy state to take my money, after the 3rd year of trying. Maybe I'll get over that 150 mark before DK, afterall. :eek: :D

Only goal I have is to draw a tag, once I have the tag its a slam dunk for a deer of anysize. Provided I do my home work. but I wont be shooting it I am going to give my daughter the tag and hopefully she will get a big one.

BTW the only deer units I put in for are 12 b 13 a 13b late and early hunts.

Delw

Not too lofty for -04 as I'm not going out of state...

1- To draw a lottery tag...This one was just met after 6 years Whoooohoooo!!
hump.gif

2- To continue to put a local blacktail in the freezer during archery season (not too picky on size here...they are ALL small)

3- To use the tag from #1 to take a good representative mule deer of 160+

4- To get daughter #2 into the woods with me on a couple of the trips (daughter #1 already goes and #3 is too young so Mom will have to deal with her being left behind :( )

5- To get through all the above without trashing my 45 year old body or diving out of my treestand!

Living in Indiana, I only get about 5-6 days to hunt muleys and antelope this fall in Wyonming. I'll be happy with a 4x4 muley in the 24" range and a 14" antelope.

However ........ I've got three months to chase whiteys in my back yard and we got some good uns round these parts. Looking for a whitey in the 140 -150 class. If I get a 150 with archery, I'll mount him life size.

See them every year, but they're mighty tough to connect on when you're limited to archery equipment, muzzle loaders and shotguns with slugs.

I want to get another buck with my bow. Any sized in Cali.

A decent 20" or so 3 or 4 pt. buck in Idaho and any legal bull will fill my elk tag nicely

OH yeah...and any legal bear since I have a bear tag too.

my goal.....hope to get at least three with the truck. (two with the front grill and one drive-by with a bat.
fight.gif
)

my goal is to arrow a 300# plus bear in sept.

get "mr. big" in oct.(seeing him almost every day and it is driving me nuts)

and just anything with horns in nov. during the dog hunt

hi all, Good luck this season it's getting close.
I want to help my youngest get his 1st whitetail with his recurve, I would like to see my 2nd son get his 1st buck with his bow, also let the boys kill some deer and not shot so many. Last year I put 16 in the frezer with my bow.
. My goul is to wait on a big one. I have spent all pre season getting food plots ready minerial stomps freshen up.

Let's see I think my goal for this year will be ot shoot a bigger buck than my first buck...a little toe head spike. I think I want to do it with my .30-.30, haven't used it in awhile. Oh yeah and I almost forgot!!!! I would like to only trip, slip, and or fall in some way, shape or form only a few times...LOL LOL LOL
Quick Draw

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back