2003 sping bear pics / after moosie posts them for me

Ol Bull Shooter

I can't figure out how to post pictures so i e-mailed them to Moosie and asked him to post them here for me. She was my first bear but hopefully not my last. I got her with only 3 days of the spring season left. I shot her with my 45/70 at about 60 yards. I got her back last week from the taxidermist and she's hanging on the wall above me as i type. :D

Moosie, thanks for the help!

RR, thanks. I am Very Happy with her. She's got a really good coat if i do say so myself for being so late in the season. Oh, i'm the guy with the Target on my chest and the BIG SMILE. The other guy is my hunting partner. He's omly 24 and has got 6 bears already. I think he's part bear,sure does think like one. He's shown me a lot about hunting them. To him, Thanks JR.

Thanks Big Sky. Well, Jr and i were driving an ol logging road and found her standing about 50 yards off the road. We stoped and got out to look for cubs and she took off down the into the draw. We waited a little bit and went down. I found her feeding with a little smaller black. I thought she was the boar and when they took off in different directions i followed her. About 500 yards up the draw i found her feeding again. She was about 60 yards away standing broadside. One shot from my 45/70, handloaded 400 gr. Speer @ 1950fps ended the hunt. She,s my first bear but not my last. :D :D :D I'll take a picture of her on the wall and get it posted.

Those are some great bears Wally....
I will be in Helena tomorrow and on Monday and Tuesday....
You want to try and touch bases tomorrow...
I will e-mail you...
Russ..

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back