MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2002 HuntTalk Hog Hunt?

Calif. Hunter

I think I found us the best deal possible. Big Tusker, who used to post here but is presently without a computer, owns 4000 acres of good hog country near Hollister, CA. Yesterday, 3 hunters from Oregon killed 5 pigs. Rifle, bow or handgun. We can go either guided at $200 per day per hunter plus $200 per hog or unguided at $100 per day per hunter plus $100 for the first hog per hunter and $200 for additional hogs. The guided hunt basically gets your hog gutted, skinned and packed out. Unguided means you clean it yourself and pack it out yourself. He will provide a cabin that sleeps 6 comfortably with floor space for more, hot & cold running water (2 showers), stove, barbecue, etc. The only catch on the unguided hunt is we need at least 5 people. Unguided is a good deal - 2 days of hunting and 1 hog (not guaranteed) for $300. Hunt is Friday noon or so until Sunday noon. He has a walk-in cooler.
We are looking at June 7-9 or 21-23, or July 26-28. Who is in? If so, we'll probably need to look at a deposit in a couple of weeks to hold the date.

I'm sure there's some varmint shooting up there as well, so bring a ground squirrel gun, too. It's actually a three bedroom house with full kitchen on his ranch plus couches, etc. for lodging.

Is Oscar providing cocktail waitresses? I'd hate to be caught without a waitress..

:cool:

I'd be greatly interested and put my vote in for the last weekend of July.

Dan, give me a dress and I can make one hell of a waitress!!!! I don't mind the goosing either.
;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-12-2002 10:45: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

Do you wear a push up or lace front natural?

Can you do a bunny dip?

Are you old enough to remember the bunny dip?

:cool:

I usually go commando!!!! No, I've never seen a rabbit chew tobacco or serve ice cream!!! :D

Let's shoot for the last weekend in July, then. I'll find out from Big Tusker what kind of deposit he needs and when. Is everyone okay with the unguided version? We will all help each other if we need to get a big hog out of a canyon, right? So we have Danr, 1-pointer and me....who else? T-Bone? Tnctcb? Anaconda?
Anyone need picked up at an airport? (Please don't make me drive into LAX! ;) )

I'm in for the July hunt! Big Tusker's unguided offer sounds unbeatable. His operation is in Hollister right?

I'll offer out my home in Reno Thursday and Sunday nights for people who are driving from ID, MT, WY, UT, AZ, etc. We could car pool from here. I figure I'm about a 4-5 hour drive to Hollister.

Cal Hunter thanks for doing the leg work on this. Let me know what you need for a deposit.

T Bone

Yep, his ranch is in Hollister. You're closer than I am, T-Bone! I'm at least 6 or 7 hours away. People could fly into Reno, and go with you, maybe.??? I think this will be a blast, with a chance for some good pork! ;) There will be lots of bull, anyway...

I can bring elk burgers for dinner one night. Any takers?

Count me IN !!!!!
Sounds like a blast, let me know about the deposit.
Rick, I assume you know how to clean a pig ?
I've never shot one.
I have a few elk steak left, we could have a wild game BBQ both nights.

1-pointer, If your in, I was thinking something.... WHERE would If I left Idaho, and you left SLC, were could we intercept ? I think backtracking to SLC would put me too many miles out of the way ?!?!!?

I'm sure that I could twist Wylee's arm into going, He's a blast.....

I'll need to check outthe maps, It would be cool if we could intercept and merge for the last leg to Reno if not merge in Reno.

LAst year when We went to Cali to hunt hogs, we left Thursday and stopped in Reno for a bit-o-gambling for a couple of hours then continued on to Salinas.

BIG thing is, talking the wife into it, I'll use Tyson (T-bone) as an excuse, Actually the more I type, MAYBE I could bring the wife, drop her at your house T, and continue on ?!?!? YAH, Nothing liek vacationing with the family !!!! Actually I think Warren would come too, Could we drop all the rugrats at your place and leave then with Jen for 2 days !!!!!

OK, I'm guessing thats too much, but my brain is Slow for a quick answer on Sat morn ;) !!!!

CHIT !!! LAst year ai missed my wifes B-day, This year I wass gone for Easter... NOW, you guys are trying to trick me.. .I talked to my wife and OUR Aniversarry is on July 23 !!!

YOU guys think I can GO !!! CRAP !!!!

(Keep me informed, I'll work an Angle...) Just Kidding hun, (If she's reading this ;))

MAybe We can come up early like Wed and leave the kids with You T-bone and I can take the wife out on the town ?!?!? HUMMm.. I need to get an Angle.. ALL these holidays/ birthdays that I'm missing... I'm running out of Ideas :D :D

Moosie,

Check the calendar. Your anniversary is before the hunt. Take her somewhere nice like Outdoor Outfitters for a night of shopping.....that will get you the green light for sure. We'd love to see you on the hunt. Best of luck on getting the OK from Vic. If you come down, you are welcome to stay.

See if Warren or Chris want to come down. Did you guys get the drift boat?

I took the family out to see "ICE AGE" Warren went down to see it today with Kotter... they said it was Too small :(

I'll let vicki know your aniversary suggestion
HAHA !!!

Hey Moosie, what about a rendevous(sp?) in Wendover? I haven't checked a map yet, but I know it's in NV!!!! Heck, just do what I'm trying to do, if there is space, I'm trying to talk my wife into HUNTING with us!!!

Hey, I'd really like to go on this hunt.I live just a couple hours from there. I'm one of the NAHC guys that moved over to this board for a while. If theres room for one more let me know.I can go on most any of the dates you metioned

Back