Caribou Gear Tarp

2 outta 3 (pins) ain’t good

Brushbuster444

Having a sighting issue. I’ve got my 20 and 30 yd pins set where I want them but I cannot dial in elevation for the 40 yd pin. It currently touches the bottom of the 30 yd and still shoots 2.5-3” high. However my 30yd pin shoot 3” low at 40yds. I’ve tried to eliminate user error as much as possible. Got me puzzled for sure.

has anyone else experienced issues like this is? Possible remedies?

If your only dropping 3" low try changing your 2 pins to 25 and 35 or just use a 20 and a 30 eliminating the third pin either way?

I would say your slightly changing your anchor for the longer distance or mostly your holding high for a mental reason. I would drop your 40 pin. Make the gap between your 30-40 roughly the same as your 20-30. Then shoot. I think it's a mental thing and you are holding high because having your 30-40 touching is probably blocking a lot of the target and subconsciously you are raising your sight so you can see the bullseye causing you to hit high.

So drop your pin, focus on having your anchor and form the exact same, and shoot. Then if you are still somehow still hitting high I'd restart from scratch with your 20.

Also I realized you said you are only hitting 3" low using your 30 pin at 40. I would say with pretty good certainty that your 30 pin is off. For your arrow to drop only 3" using your 30 pin, your arrow will be leaving your bow at roughly 370fps. An average arrow traveling 270fps will drop roughly 9-10 inches using your 30 pin at 40 yards.

I had relatively the same issue with a new bow I bought and it was driving me absolutely insane. Turned out I had a few tuning issues going on with the bow. Once got that going and figured out sighting in came together quiet nicely. Good luck.

Also I realized you said you are only hitting 3" low using your 30 pin at 40. I would say with pretty good certainty that your 30 pin is off. For your arrow to drop only 3" using your 30 pin, your arrow will be leaving your bow at roughly 370fps. An average arrow traveling 270fps will drop roughly 9-10 inches using your 30 pin at 40 yards.

I was going to say that's a pretty fast bow or a really light arrow.

Based on where the pins ended up in the housing, you might have a slight issue with your anchor point and form when aiming for 40. This might suck, but I would move your 20 and 30 to elsewhere in the housing (keep the gap consistent to prevent having to re-sight in) and then move the housing to where 20 is zeroed.

For what it's worth, I run 20-30-40-50 on a slider. 30 and 40 always feel somewhat weird to where my 40 yard groups are pretty close to the same size as my 65 yard groups.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back