Yeti GOBOX Collection

2 Hunters Missing in Alaska...

I think PLB's should be mandatory. If you go without one you should be on your own.
I think that some sort of PLB/InReach/SPOT is smart and prudent, but I'm not sure making them mandatory is something I'd support.

Evidently Dalton Hanson walked away from the family hunting camp (unarmed and not dressed for cold weather) after an argument with his stepfather. Let's pray that he hooked up with friends or other hunters, and is out there somewhere alive and well.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local...cle_810cb02e-5d9a-11e5-8a67-bbfd0fa03cc1.html

The Petersville man was 8.5 miles from his camp, and totally lost, when they found him - amazing that he's OK. A reminder that we should all keep our navigation and survival skills honed...

Do you feel the same way about seat belts.?

You can't even get 100% compliance with something that is free with every vehicle, attached and cannot be removed, and is always just a reach away for passengers.

No way you'd get compliance with mandatory PLBs.

Are you saying that you don't think EMS should respond to accidents where someone didn't wear a seatbelt?

Evidently Dalton Hanson walked away from the family hunting camp (unarmed and not dressed for cold weather) after an argument with his stepfather. Let's pray that he hooked up with friends or other hunters, and is out there somewhere alive and well.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local...cle_810cb02e-5d9a-11e5-8a67-bbfd0fa03cc1.html

The Petersville man was 8.5 miles from his camp, and totally lost, when they found him - amazing that he's OK. A reminder that we should all keep our navigation and survival skills honed...

Things not looking good for Dalton.

You can't even get 100% compliance with something that is free with every vehicle, attached and cannot be removed, and is always just a reach away for passengers.

No way you'd get compliance with mandatory PLBs.

Are you saying that you don't think EMS should respond to accidents where someone didn't wear a seatbelt?

No, I think I could have used a better choice of words when explaining my frustration with people being unprepared.

No, I think I could have used a better choice of words when explaining my frustration with people being unprepared.

I share your frustration. Unfortunately, human nature can only be regulated so far. Beyond that, you just have to deal with as best as possible.

Back