Caribou Gear Tarp

2 Californians and a Texan

Tom,

She is as much folklore as what actually happened in the battle of the Alamo. I always wonder why, if Americams love winners, the people of Texas celebrate losing at the Alamo?

Nemont

What did they nuke the message board for? I used to post there.

Message Board
Dear Hunt Fair Chase Message Board Participants:

The Hunt Fair Chase program that launched in 2004 was huge success in raising awareness about the importance of ethical, fair chase hunting and how this code of conduct supports the North American Model of wildlife conservation. There are new opportunities for this Program going forward, which will be launched later in the year. Please check back as sections of this website will be changing and updated, including this message board.

Thank you for all your support,

Sincerely,

The Boone and Crockett Club

Oh but it doesn't have nearly the sting that way. :D

I hope it's warming up over there.. finally well above zero here today. Was supposed to take friend elk hunting and couldn't due to a sick kid. :(

I always wonder why, if Americams love winners, the people of Texas celebrate losing at the Alamo?

The same reason Custer's fatal mistake was called "Custer's Last Stand" and the bravery of his men celebrated. It has been shown now that it was pretty much a panic-filled rout!

Americans have long admired bravery and the willingness to sacrifice oneself for the greater good as much as they have "winning." In fact, I think winning at all costs is a more recent phenomenom in American culture - playing by the rules, honesty, charity and integrity used to be more important. Perhaps that is lost these days with the "Me first" generation that would knock down an old lady to get to a $20 bill....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back