2 Boone Lions in 3 Days

shoots-straight

This was a picture I figured out how to post for my profile. These 2 Toms were killed 2 Days apart here in Montana a few years back. Both were entered in both Pope and Young and B & C. We do have nice cats here and lots of em.

Lionpic006-1.jpg

It doesn't show up for me. I got to thinking that it must show up for you, though, or you would have tried to fix it. Sorry.

I could not see the first pic, but it shows up in Oak's post.

Nice cats.

SS -- I am not trying to be a bitch, and have never chased lions, but do you think there is more of a challenge shooting them out of a tree with a bow, rifle, ML, pistol???? I have seen guys all proud of there ML killed cat, but at the end of the day....it was in a fugging tree.:rolleyes::D

Remember, this is coming from someone that shot a bear over a garbage can.:D

No miller, it's not any tougher killing a cat with a bow vs. a pistol, if your a good shot. I'm a better shot with my bow than pistol. It's funner by the way. What is harder is packing all the extra chit with you to kill one with the bow. I hope that answers your question, bitch. :D

I hear you on the pistol thing...I am a better shot just throwing the thing.

Just checking to see if I can post a pic. I was all cocky and everything on the cat pic. This is the tree the cat I got picked. BAD CHOICE.

Attachments

• lionpic003.jpg
    lionpic003.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 302
That is a cool pic. That to me is what a mountain lion mount should look like. That is an adrenaline rush I'd like to experience.

http://www.ingramwildlife.com/picture.htm

Shooting the lion is seldom a problem unless you have a thick tree or that lion is ledged out on a cliff. We had a client in from back east with a long bow six or seven years ago to kill a lion. We treed him a nice tom in a large, dead fir tree. However, as we walked into the tree the lion jumped and climbed a short bushy tree that resembled an upside down umbrella. All we could see is one or two tiny specks of color.......

So my hunting buddy told the hunter to aim at that spot and shoot, which he did. When the arrow struck, that lion roared and popped his head out over the top of the cover and that hunter put another arrow in him and down he came.....

Shooting a lion out of a tree is about as easy as shooting a bear over bait with a rifle I'd guess. Graig Bodington (spell) once wrote that the credit for killing a mountain lion goes to the man who trained those hounds and not the man who shoots the lion. And after training all my hounds from tit to tree, and having watched several dozen lions hit the ground, I'll agree.........

ike

Congrats on those two nice tom lions........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back