Yeti GOBOX Collection

1st time hunting Montana deer

buck12mm

Is there anyone who can give me pointers as to what foot wear to purchase for a Mulie hunt in the southeast, region 7 area in the middle of November?

That area of the state can really vary in terms of weather (as opposed to the mountains which are pretty much always snowy by then). I would bring a lighter pair of boots maybe even uninsulated in case you get some 50-60 degree temps. Bring another pair for hunting in snow and cold temps down to 0 degrees.

I agree with belly-deep.

I would try on several pairs of boots to get a good fit. I wear uninsulated boots with good socks but a pair with 200-400gram thinsulate would also work. As for brand, you'll find everyone has their preference. I wear Danners because they fit my giant feet. A lot of guys wear Kenetrek, Crispi, Perfekt (Cabelas), and so on. I used to wear a pair of cheapo Cabelas boots and they lasted only a season since with cheap boots comes more frequent replacement.

Regardless of the brand, I suggest buying them now and wearing them daily until your hunt. Your feet will thank you.

Normally a pair with 400G thinsulate will get you through hunting season. Just make sure to have some warm socks and good gaiters (kennetrek) in case it snows very much.

I have some heavier boots, but I cannot recall the last time I wore them hunting besides up in the mountains.

I have danners and crispi's.... I prefer the danners.

I've always worn the 200 gram thinsulate boots regardless of wheater. Sometimes they get a little warm, and sometimes a little cold. But for the most part they do the job just fine.

thanks everyone for your input! I did purchase 2 pair of boots, i un insulated and 1 insulated pair of Danners. Can't wait to get them to start breaking them in!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back