1st antelope

Mudranger1

Went out tonight to see if the antelope had returned to the small ranch I had access to after this past weekend's hail of gun fire...Driving up I noticed a herd laid up on hill side so I headed to my parking spot where I could still see them so I figured I would drive on around to another parking spot and just walk the little bit extra to try and hide myself. Well I guess I just never realized it doing 55 in the truck but the little distance ended up being 3 miles getting back to where they were. About 3/4 of the way over I was glassing a little bit a noticed an antelope running full speed about 1000 yards away. Then another one about 50 yards behind it. I noticed the second one was for sure a buck but the rest of the herd was no where to be found...Well turned the first one was a smaller buck I guess he was chasing away..after the bigger buck headed back towards where they came from I started making a move on the smaller one ( I didn't care what size he was) I thought maybe he would hang out where he had been chased to for a bit but I guess I don't know antelope. He started back towards the herd also and eventually caught me out in the open. He started blowing and eventually ran off in the direction of where the herd had been. with nothing left to lose I kept going towards where they had been only to find nothing. It was amazing to me all the subtle land changes that were there that conceal the antelope. I kept meandering around until I started around this little knob and saw a doe looking in my direction..I back up a few steps and started to belly crawl until I could see the whole herd. My range finder wouldn't pick the up due to a little bush or being to far away but I finally crawled to where I could get a reading ..391 yards..a little too far for my comfort so I kept crawling.. At 364 yards they were getting a little nervous and I was running out of light..I steadied my rifle the best I could and squeezed of the shot. They all took off and I figured I had missed when he started veering away from the rest of the herd and then did a couple head over tail flips! I was pretty stoked to say the least. I think the farthest shot I had made on an animal before was around 125 yards. Good time for sure

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_4281.jpg
    IMG_4281.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_4283.jpg
    IMG_4283.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_4282a.jpg
    IMG_4282a.jpg