Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

16c new mexico

Thomas11

Hey guys, I drew a 16c archery second season elk. I have never hunted New Mexico. I have ordered maps but haven't recieved yet. Looking for anyone who is willing to share any info on unit. Are there places in unit that are Fairly remote? How does this unit compare to other gila units? Also I see where success rates dropped for all units in gila last yr? I will b camping. any help in general will b much appreciated. I'm from Alabama

I drove through that area, between Quemado and Glenwood last Tuesday and I could not believe all the elk I saw. They were all over the place. I counted 89 of them just on the road right-of-way, a total of 90 miles. I can't say much about any specifics of the country as I only drove through, but the amount of elk was pretty crazy, more than I have ever seen on a roadway before. I think there is a hunting video on here where Randy is hunting in this exact place. It is interesting where he found his elk, not where he expected. I know there are elk in here, almost hit a few of them. Good luck to you!

Have hunted that unit for a number of years. Hunted last year on rifle hunt. Weather will be the biggest factor, it has been very warm and dry for the past 5 or 6 years. There are some big bulls in that area. 2 yrs. ago had an archery permit for last hunt saw 1 big bull but that was it. Temps were in the upper 80s with no rain. The unit has good road access, but you can get away from the roads if you want to. It is a very good unit for elk.

Is there a map service/website that shows all the tanks for this unit? I have some maps and they show some but google earth shows quite a few more? Just wondering if there was a map that showed all? Thks

Most of the tanks are hidden and I know of no map that shows them all, flash earth is good and so is arcGIS, they are both alot like google earth

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back