168 gr Nosler E-Tip and the 30-06

Four22

Anyone have experience with this round and bullet? I'm developing a load for this bullet but wanted to see if anyone had any first hand experience on how they performed on game.

Thanks!

VikingsGuy

I am a TTSX guy, but in general, when using non-lead bullets that have 95%+ weight retention I like (and many recommend) going down in bullet weight (for example to 150 grain) and shoot it fast.

6mm Remington

Not this particular bullet in the 30-06, but my son does shoot a 90 gr. E-tip in his 6mm Remington. It was pretty easy to get a load worked up for it that shoots very nicely, and it's performed great on deer, antelope, and his first elk. I think the bullet should work well for you but as VikingsGuy stated it might be worth trying the 150 gr. E-tip also as you would have a bit better velocity which would result in better expansion. I need to shoot his 90 gr. E-tips into jugs at 500 yards. That's the only distance I haven't done so yet and have recorded their performance from 25-100-200-300-400 yards. Very impressive stuff.

David

GlockZ

I have experience with this exact load, unfortunately for me, my x-Bolt didn't like them very much, I played with different powders, but just couldn't get them to shoot well, I tried the same load in a friends rifle and they shot great, he even used them on a couple of hunts, it was a complete pass thru each time, even out to 400 yards, but has yet to recover a bullet. They work, are accurate, just not in my rifle.

GlockZ

I have experience with this exact load, unfortunately for me, my x-Bolt didn't like them very much, I played with different powders, but just couldn't get them to shoot well, I tried the same load in a friends rifle and they shot great, he even used them on a couple of hunts, it was a complete pass thru each time, even out to 400 yards, but has yet to recover a bullet. They work, are accurate, just not in my rifle.