Yeti GOBOX Collection

12 Colorado deer points

Sorry, I can't be much help there, maybe just gotta #keepsampling ?

But I WILL be following to see how you do bc I'll be hunting CO the 3rd beer season.

Now, if you ever draw a tag in OR I could point you towards a spot or two I used to hunt beers.

so like, how'd this go @Greenhorn ?

downed beer, downed deer?

hint: thats like a potential title for a juicy trip report or something

Well since you are from Montana at least your used to just “having the opportunity?” Better luck on that ram tag!

I am needing more details. I must have missed this thread back during application season. I can't decipher between the B.S. and reality. Surely you could have picked a good unit with 12 points that would have been interesting.... ??? Right? Did you at least see anything or just whiffed ?

I am needing more details. I must have missed this thread back during application season. I can't decipher between the B.S. and reality. Surely you could have picked a good unit with 12 points that would have been interesting.... ??? Right? Did you at least see anything or just whiffed ?
Picked a very good unit and fun hunt. Planned where I hunted entirely on my own. If I'm going to burn hundreds of dollars, 12 years of preference and drive 15 hours one way to hunt deer in the fall (especially when I have a bighorn permit in my pocket). I'm not going to shoot a deer just to shoot a deer. I've eaten plenty deer tags, including on the Arizona Strip, in western WY (numerous times) and southern WY, and frequently in my home state. Shooting just a buck on a trip like that would be an epic fail in my opinion. I'd rather not kill one. I don't even really like deer meat. I probably could have taken a half dozen bucks that were in the 160 gross range, more or less. I had a chance at one whopper, that's what I went for.

This one was walking alongside the road on BLM and I took this with my phone. A lot of these kinds were getting shot, and I'd be surprised if that one survived that day. There was no shortage of hunters burning powder.
codumbdeer.jpg

Picked a very good unit and fun hunt. Planned where I hunted entirely on my own. If I'm going to burn hundreds of dollars, 12 years of preference and drive 15 hours one way to hunt deer in the fall (especially when I have a bighorn permit in my pocket). I'm not going to shoot a deer just to shoot a deer. I've eaten plenty deer tags, including on the Arizona Strip, in western WY (numerous times) and southern WY, and frequently in my home state. Shooting just a buck on a trip like that would be an epic fail in my opinion. I'd rather not kill one. I don't even really like deer meat. I probably could have taken a half dozen bucks that were in the 160 gross range, more or less. I had a chance at one whopper, that's what I went for.

This one was walking alongside the road on BLM and I took this with my phone. A lot of these kinds were getting shot, and I'd be surprised if that one survived that day. There was no shortage of hunters burning powder.
View attachment 201555
Did ya get a pic of the big boy?

I commend you on not shooting one just because… especially if deer meat is not your jam. I have not shot enough deer in my life to be at that zen state especially on a nice buck like that. I am more of a anything past the ears usually goes in my freezer. I love venison! Glad you enjoyed and am sure you found an IPA or 2 to help along the way!

I ate my third season tag as well, passed on a handful of 160 class bucks messed up on a 170 inch class buck and passed on who knows how many 150 and below class bucks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back