"0" days 'til the launch..........

OL Bcat, I remember his posts pretty well. Even though I didn't really know all of the circumstances, I know things took a turn for the worst here on the forum. No chance about me taking the same path/as I can't stand Booze. All bark and no bite here. Don't get me wrong as I will pound a few beers here and there. When it comes to the kinda chit we'er talking about here-I'de be the one cryin in camp and be the lesser man that it would half kill!! :eek: Just don't tell the other boys I'm a lightweight. ;) Talk to ya soon brother!!

Tom....I didn't ask for the party......Draftstud is just that kind of guy...you'd have to meet him to understand.

Ray, You misunderstood me about the Bobcat referance.....I didn't mean the drinking...I meant the rough and tough backcounntry, tough hombre kinda thing ;)

The same thing that drew me to him makes me can't wait to hunt with you.......just don't go stalking me and shit afterwards! :eek:

...and as far as the drinking on this trip....while I go on record as saying I am not an alcoholic.........I will do my best to keep this group from being labeled lightweights in that regard
footinmouth.gif

.....one day and counting boys.....

I predict the heaviest meatpole of any Hunttalk camp this year....
hump.gif

Well boys, I just got the word!
shhh.gif
My bud has made contact with the firewater. Just don't know if he's gonna have time to mix er up. I fear the worst as I may have to bring the uncut version!
elkgrin.gif
When you leavin DS.
I'm planning on leaving Wednesday night after work. It looks like 19 hours on the road for me brother. That'l put me there around Thursday night or so..

Here I sit with a broken Heart, paid a dime just to......OOpps wrong forum. Well here it is, just have to pack the last few Items, put things in the truck and in the morning go meet DS and Wes at a Truck Stop and Colorado Here We Come! I have left a ton of work for everyone to do while I am away, I hope I can relax knowing they are working so hard and I am Elk hunting! ;) Raybow, get in the saddle and Ride!

This one shouldn;t need much luck Moose Man, though we won't turn any away. It feels really good going into a hunt and knowing pretty much exactly what to expect. I know it is still hunting.....and I know my run of bad luck could phuck even the best of scenarios.....but seeing as how I just busted my engagement today over this elk hunt, I figure it will pan out in spades, right?....just say "yeah" fellas!!!! :mad: ...a woman that doesn't endure a man's call of the wild is a woman best left to live her life without ol' DS......that what I say;) ....I should have known something was up when she said the storage building was a good place for my 30 some odd mounts.... :rolleyes:

...anyways......D-Day in the morning right after day break.......IT'S ON!

Thanks for the luck Moosie and Cali....I am predicting 6 elk and 2 good muleys on this one....after all, it is my honeyhole
hump.gif

Get some sleep and get off the computer Draftstud! :rolleyes:

The best of luck to all of you.
Have a great time.
DS,sorry about the break up but it's better to find out now then after a wedding.
Go get em guy's.

I was wondering that too... I should have gave DS my BATT phone #. I'm guessing they are either busy Wacking and Stacking or drinking good at camp ;)

Just rolled in the door boys and ye ha.
Well gotta go to a soccer game so I guess we'll have to wait for DS for the rest of the story. OH ya and after the soccer game, gotta go cut some elk. :D
hump.gif

Just rolled in here a few hours ago. These guys were great to camp and hunt with. Draftstud (John) got bad sick before the hunt started and was forced to fly out without even being able to hunt. That left 3 of us and eveybody got their elk. Two 5x5's and a 4x4 and a cow(calf).

I am totally exhausted, but the other boys can jump right in an start spinning yarns......and pics will be coming from everyone I am sure.

Raybow and I left our foottracks on most every peak in the area ;) ......that guy is an animal and everything I thought he would be. I plan on sharing a lot more hunts with him in the future if he'd have me.

John and Wes are two of the best guys a fella could ever meet. In a time when there are real scum out there, it was truely a blessing to meet a couple of the truely good ones. I hope to remain friends with them for many years to come.

Gotta go get rest and do the family time thing......

Hornseeker.....they had sold out of left over buck tags for our elk unit so we did not hunt muledeer. We would have loved to have had time to roll up the road to the next unit but didn't after tagging our elk and breaking camp.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back