Caribou Gear

Zimmerman found "NOT guilty"

I have no idea, read the transcript. Zimmerman says, "S---, he's running..."

Do you think it's possible T.M. came back ?:rolleyes: The fight happened a the intersection of a T that both men had been through twice. T.M. when he was ''Running away'' .G.Z. when he was following T.M. and again when he was following the directive of the 311 operator and was headed back to his car.What was T.M. doing there the second time?
The fateful meeting at the T was the second time for both men. One had a good reason to be there,we will never know why the second man choose to be there.

Zimmerman was performing the job he was paid to perform as a neighborhood watch captain. He was already out of his SUV following Martin and was on the phone with 911. The 911 operator testified that he is not a police officer, and his comment was "we don't need you to do that" referring to following on foot. The 911 operator also testified that an out of breath Zimmerman was still on the phone with him and could be heard getting back into his SUV since the door chime could be heard, and it was at that time that the phone went dead.

In a neighborhood plagued by break-ins, robberies, and other property crimes, the fact that Zimmerman saw, observed, and followed a suspicious individual isn't out of the ordinary. The original police investigation developed witnesses who verified the same statements made by Zimmerman about being attacked from behind and having his head pounded repeatedly into the pavement....by a much larger "man". As most of us who carry concealed have been trained, we are taught how to protect our weapon and how to draw and fire when an attacker has the upper hand. Zimmerman responded in reaction to someone who was trying to kill him. The jury got this one right!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, since the Sanford police and the Seminole County DA decided not to file charges, ruling it a case of justified homicide. The truly criminal action in this whole affair, was the DA from Jacksonville (Duvall County), without permission from the Florida Attorney General, going outside of her jurisdiction and filing charges against Zimmerman as a political ploy and as a result of pressure from the Obama administration, Holder's DOJ, the NAACP, Sharpton, Jackson, and Farakhan, along with the threats of riots from black groups around the nation. If Angela Corey had minded her own business and kept to her jurisdiction, this entire debacle would have been over a long time ago. Now she finds herself the subject of an investigation and possible removal from office for misconduct and violating state protocols.

Do you think it's possible T.M. came back ?:rolleyes: The fight happened a the intersection of a T that both men had been through twice. T.M. when he was ''Running away'' .G.Z. when he was following T.M. and again when he was following the directive of the 311 operator and was headed back to his car.What was T.M. doing there the second time?
The fateful meeting at the T was the second time for both men. One had a good reason to be there,we will never know why the second man choose to be there.

Please tell me why Zimmerman was on foot at all? What reason did he have to get out of his car?

You seriously think Trevon Martin knew enough to circle back and ambush Zimmerman?

The scary part of this trial and the verdict is the fact it may create more George Zimmermans. Those who choose to put themselves in a bad situation and start bringing guns to fist fights. According to the law...two highschool kids fighting after school, the one losing is allowed to use deadly force...if he THINKS he may be in danger of serious injury or death. If I were in FL, I wouldn't fight anyone and I would sure as hell have a gun. This case defies all logic to me. I believe the correct decision was made based on the law, I just think the law has a huge problem. When you have a zealot for a "neighborhood watch", there seems to be a problem. When you have an "adult" in a fight with a "minor", there seems to be a problem. When a guy makes a situation (even though he was technically not doing anything illegal). There were a lot of problems with this case and most seem to stem from the poor innocent little George Zimmerman. Again, I think the correct verdict was made based on the law.

Very good points!

One small point though. While T.M. was a minor,every state in the union has at one time or another charged minors with Capitol crimes. That basically means that we as a society have decided that minors can be held responsible for their actions.
So while the state enjoyed playing the adult vs. minor card in this case, you can bet your ass they would have been more then happy to charge T.M. as an adult, had the outcome been different.

Please tell me why Zimmerman was on foot at all? What reason did he have to get out of his car?

You seriously think Trevon Martin knew enough to circle back and ambush Zimmerman?

As to your first, I have no idea. I don't know what I would have done and neither do you.

Yes there is no doubt, that the evidence shows that T.M. was at the intersection of that T in the sidewalk TWICE.So yes I think he came back. I sure wish he hadn't, just like I wish G.Z. hadn't got out of his car but they both did what they did.

We do know for a fact that T.M. either DIDN'T run away, or RETURNED.

According to the law...two highschool kids fighting after school, the one losing is allowed to use deadly force...if he THINKS he may be in danger of serious injury or death.

They allow minors to have a CHL in Florida?

jabber- according to the law, a knife could also be used or if they had possession of any type of weapon (gun included), it could justifiably be used. The law has little to do with concealed weapons or the use there of.

Spook12- I use the term "minor" and "adult" loosely in this case and base it mostly on the fact that "adults" should have better sense, logic, mental capability and control. I guess I shouldn't put others to the same standard I hold for the adults that I am around. I think everyone can admit that this circumstance could have and should have been avoided. In most neighborhood watches and all that I have ever heard of...the word "watches" is the most important factor and should be strictly adhered to. Zimmerman is an idiot and is lucky Trayvon wasn't wounded because then deadly force by Trayvon would have been justifiable.

If Zimmerman stays in his car, like 911 told him to, none of this would have happened.

He created the entire situation.

???

And if Travon had not doubled back, lay in waiting, jumped out, suckered punched and decked Zimmerman, got on top of him and repeatedly bashed his head into concrete, he might still be alive to smoke dope and and burglarize houses.

Moderators, maybe move this to the political section ?

???

And if Travon had not doubled back, lay in waiting, jumped out, suckered punched and decked Zimmerman, got on top of him and repeatedly bashed his head into concrete, he might still be alive to smoke dope and and burglarize houses.

Moderators, maybe move this to the political section ?

Can you please tell me why a rational adult would leave his vehicle to approach a person ("much bigger" than him), who he believes to be on drugs and who has his hand in his waist?

Last edited:
According to the law...two highschool kids fighting after school, the one losing is allowed to use deadly force...if he THINKS he may be in danger of serious injury or death. .

Matt, according to that logic, it should be illegal to defend yourself against someone beating you to death with their bare hands ?

One thing that seems painfully obvious to me is the people calling for Zimmerman's conviction
are are doing so based on assumptions, and ignoring some of known facts.

Spook12- I use the term "minor" and "adult" loosely in this case and base it mostly on the fact that "adults" should have better sense, logic, mental capability and control. I guess I shouldn't put others to the same standard I hold for the adults that I am around. I think everyone can admit that this circumstance could have and should have been avoided. In most neighborhood watches and all that I have ever heard of...the word "watches" is the most important factor and should be strictly adhered to. Zimmerman is an idiot and is lucky Trayvon wasn't wounded because then deadly force by Trayvon would have been justifiable.

YEP.
When you live where I do, the old bluehaired ladies sitting on their front porch are the closest thing to a neighborhood watch. If something out of the ordinary happens in this neck of the woods you can bet these old hens will go to cackling and my phone will go to ringing.So as you can tell, I'm probably not the best example of how a neighborhood watch is supposed to operate.

Can you please tell me why a rational adult would leave his vehicle to approach a person ("much bigger" than him), who he believes to be on drugs and who has his hand in his waist?

The assumption here is that Z “approached’ Travon. Even if he did, there is nothing illegal about that.
Can you tell me why a “rational” person would ambush someone, deck them and proceed to smash their head into cement just because he was being “followed from a distance” ?

George Zimmerman is no hero of mine, I think there is probably some truth to the whole “wanna be cop, aggressive vigilante ” storyline. He and a thousand others like him can follow people all day, every day and nobody gets killed. Travon and ten thousand like him can violently attack people, and smash their heads bloody, and people will get killed.

The assumption here is that Z “approached’ Travon. Even if he did, there is nothing illegal about that.
Can you tell me why a “rational” person would ambush someone, deck them and proceed to smash their head into cement just because he was being “followed from a distance” ?

George Zimmerman is no hero of mine, I think there is probably some truth to the whole “wanna be cop, aggressive vigilante ” storyline. He and a thousand others like him can follow people all day, every day and nobody gets killed. Travon and ten thousand like him can violently attack people, and smash their heads bloody, and people will get killed.

Like I said before, once the violence started(by whoever) everything changed. But, if Zimmerman stays in his car and waits for the police, he's not on the ground getting his head smashed in.

That's the only point I've been trying to make from the beginning.

If Zimmerman stays in his car, like 911 told him to, none of this would have happened.

He created the entire situation.

G.Z. is a dumbass no doubt he could have and probably should have done things differently.
T.M. was a dumbass too he should have done things differently also.
One life gone and another will never be the same. Lets just agree to disagree.

How's the training going for your sheep hunt?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back