Zeiss Conquest

gman1

I need the members assistance with purchasing a scope for my Browning xbolt in 300 win mag.
I am looking at a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x50 with Z Plex reticles. This old cowboy's eyes are not what they used to be and am not a long range shooter.

Always appreciate your expertise and am anxious to see your responses.
Take care and happy trails,

Gman

While I own several of both, I find Zeiss just a tiny bit more crisp than Leopold. My eyes are 48 yo.

I had a 5-25 HD5 Conquest and I did not like it. I wanted the 3-15 but the it was a heck of a deal on clearance at Cabelas. Part of the issue was is sat too low on my rifle which is my fault. Barrel mirage was significant. But even with a cold barrel the optical quality suffered beyond 18x. So I traded it in for a Leupold VX6 3-18. In my opinion, it's the best western hunting scope on the market.

I don't have near the experience and expertise of others on this forum, but in my mind, I'm thinking that's a lot of scope for someone that says they are not a long range shooter. Seems like you could accomplish what you want with less scope. Just my 2¢.

I agree, the Conquest are a tad sharper. The 3-15 is my preferred power range. I have a couple 3-18 VX6's, and find the usable range is 3-15.

I have the Zeiss Conquest RapidZ in 3.5x10x44 MC. Made for 30-06 & 300 WM they say. Set up for 600yrd max on reticle @ 9 power,zeroed @ 200yrds . Took a cow @ 405 yrds ago,my longest game kill. Anything under 200 yrds and I dial it down and can see beyond the trees in front like my binos. Seeing thru the trees.
Big step up from the old Leupold 3x9x40 I had for years on my -06 clarity wise.
Almost night vision ability to see at 1st light and too dark to walk at end of day.

My older conquests were slightly sharper than my VXIII. I haven't compared 3's to the newer...but the 3's are on par with the older conquests I still have. My son prefers the Conquests and his eyes are much better than mine.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back