Zeiss Conquest setting

gman1

Can someone help me with understand the parallax adjustment on my Zeiss scope. The settings go from 50 yards to infinity with 9 individual "markers" in between.
Do the nine markers signify a certain yardage or just a setting reference?

Thank you members for all your assistance and look forward to reading what I have on my hands :)

Gman

I was never able to correlate them to a specific distance. I did make my own CDS style range marked turret for it on the printer. No reason you couldn't do the same thing for the parallax if you really need it.

Not really. You'd probably be better off splitting the difference and setting it to 200 yds or so.

It really depends on magnification. Below 12-15 it doesn't matter too much.

The best thing to do, if the minimum setting is 50 yds; then find an object you can focus on at 50yds. Set the parallax setting for that distance and adjust the focus for your eye at that distance. Get the cleanest sharpest focus that you possibly can. After that, I typically moved to a target at about 200yds and adjusted the parallax setting for the cleanest image I can get there. That's about where I leave the setting for hunting.

If I'm taking a longer shot, or something where I'm trying to hit a really small target; take a moment when you are set up prone with the rifle in that situation, move your head around a bit behind the scope ( a couple nod's yes, and a couple shake's no) If it looks like the crosshairs move on the target when you move your head, adjust your parallax until they don't. Takes all of 10 seconds...

Just adjust it to the sharpest focus while looking at the target. That way, you don't have to look at the adjustment wheel/dial, and you can keep your eye on the target. When it is in perfect focus, the parallax will be adjusted to that distance.

Last edited:
Back