YouTube Milestones

Actually, I was on my way to watch one of the free videos on Youtube and got sidetracked by the forums. I guess I need to add another bookmark instead of going thru HuntTalk. And I was trying to keep this stuff a secret...

3 weeks after the last update:
6000 subscribers
Approaching 500,000 views.

Pretty excited at the growth after less than 4 months of really digging into YouTube!

Today, we will probably pass through 800,000 views and by week's end, over 8,000 subscribers. Thanks for helping us get there. We have some very aggressive benchmarks ahead, so any help you can provide to get us there would be greatly appreciated.

That's awesome to hear. I forwarded your stuff onto my whole hunting crew and received rave reviews of your content. Happy to forward it on just as long as you keep doing what you do!:cool:

Thanks again Randy!
I did step more into the now- go-go world of internet and all. Sat. TV & internet.....in the middle of no where.
I forward most all your stuff and the rest of the topics on hunting & Public Lands issues that you,RMEF and ME and BHA and on and on ,to friends and family now.
And yes ,Now Hank is on YT & FB...LOL Even funnier is that's how a lot of NM locals here get info to each other.
So I have gotten some calls about critters from some ranchers out of the blue who friends or not.LOL
Have gotten contacted by long lost family members and others I lost touch with. And from veggie hippies to butcher buddy.
Most all are thanks to links to you and subjects you discuss.
Forgotten link to nature or late in life full appreciation for our Public Lands and hunting in general and food.
99.999% POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!
You now have some followers who are ...Boston Blue Bloods to a WI farmer buddy,private chef & the Pie lady too.

Point is, you also introduced me to YT & I am going to binge on Longmire today. Forget about the heat and the bad news today and loose myself.

Thanks Randy! You made my day! Again.

Today, we will probably pass through 800,000 views and by week's end, over 8,000 subscribers. Thanks for helping us get there. We have some very aggressive benchmarks ahead, so any help you can provide to get us there would be greatly appreciated.

Yesterday we surpassed 900,000 views and 9,000 subscribers. That is keeping us ahead of our aggressive benchmarks. And we are just getting rolling with our content that we have been shooting all summer.

We are working on an idea, well Matthew and Marcus are mostly doing the work on it, as I am too old to put myself back to the days of being a beginning hunter. As experienced hunters, we tend to take so much for granted, such as nomenclature, strategy, equipment, etc. We've been around fellow hunters all of our lives, so it has been part of what we are immersed in. Such is not the case for new hunters, especially the "adult onset hunter."

I'm trying to break it down in the manner that hunting is a 100 mile journey in life. Most on Hunt Talk are somewhere at the 60-95 mile marker. The challenge comes in getting the person who is at mile marker 0-10 on their path to mile marker 25. Once they get to mile marker 25, they will be exposed to enough hunting that they will work their way to marker 60+, in the coming years. If we can get them to mile marker 40, all the better.

I am finding it very difficult to get my mind back to mile marker 0, or 10, or 20. Matthew and Marcus both have people in their lives that are interested in the food aspects of hunting, so they are/have seeing/seen the challenges for new people to come to hunting. Some of what we put out in some of these informational segments might cause some to say it is too elementary for where they are on their path of hunting. I get that. We have plenty of content for those who are far down the path. We have a great opportunity to reach those just jumping on the path and we already have a lot of them viewing our existing content. I'm excited to see how that turns out, once we get that content loaded to YouTube.

Thanks for watching.

Tomorrow we will blow through the 1 Million views on YouTube. Crazy how fast this is going.

For the fun of reaching this goal far before we expected, we are doing a small give away out on our FB page - https://www.facebook.com/randynewbe...4401925061513/626678057500565/?type=3&theater

YouTube views.jpg

Thanks for all the support. Another elk hunt is being edited up for a YouTube release after being on Sportsman Channel. Hope it goes as well as the first one.

If you haven't already, you can subscribe here - https://goo.gl/nXo5jd

Just watched the latest NM state lands one and passed it on.

Some folks just don't get plain & simple to digest facts I guess.
Thanks again Randy!

FYI. I don't have cable and very few of my friends do either, so all of our Newberg content is from the YouTube channel or the podcast. So tell your sponsors that this is s good investment that may take time to develop but will be extremely valuable in the future in order to capture the Internet generations viewership.

I love that you are doing You Tube. I am one of the cord cutters and this still gives me a away to enjoy your content. Please keep it up. And thank you for such great content on here, You Tube and The Podcast. I love them all.

In less than a month from the last update, we racked up another 250,000 views on YouTube. It seems to be providing answers to some industry "experts" who have asked, "Are there really that many people out there who consume their video content online?"

In less than a month from the last update, we racked up another 250,000 views on YouTube. It seems to be providing answers to some industry "experts" who have asked, "Are there really that many people out there who consume their video content online?"

That's incredible! I think its hard for the "experts" to stray from the way of the past with traditional media. I think it is a broken system too, because interrupting the show every 8 minutes is a disgrace to the awesome shows like yours and Meateater and some others. The digital world is exploding and you guys are seeing it first hand.

I'm glad you guys are having success. I'm glad you guys are the experts. Hopefully the industry starts really getting after the "cut the cord" market. I watch a duck hunting channel that regularly has 6-7000 views per video in the first few weeks and within a year have over 45,000

Sometime in the last week when I was in Utah, we blew through the 1.5 million view milestone. This thing is getting bigger by the day.

I wonder what all the experts will tell me at the next SHOT Show when I show up with an encyclopedia of analytics showing how we got more YouTube views in our first year than most any TV show gets in an entire year?

I'm not talking the "fuzzy" Nielson Ratings stuff, but real numbers. The ad agencies told me that nobody in the industry had good digital data and that it would be worth a small fortune to a show that could provide such. Yet, I doubt any small fortunes will come my way in Vegas next January when I am in those meetings.

We shot some really good YouTube clips while in Utah last week. A lot of more of them will be shot in the next months while we are out on the road. Excited to get some of those up on YouTube.

Thanks for all the support. I hope you will keep viewing and keep sharing.

Does sponsorship look at the youtube channel success for consideration of future sponsorship?

Yes. The TV audience is already saturated with marketing dollars. TV is where most the advertising is spent for video content, causing ad agencies to claim their clients are too heavily weighted in digital. Yet, most shows have signed network agreements that prohibit them from doing much digital/YouTube activity. The industry ad agencies say they are clamoring for shows that have both a TV and digital (YouTube) presence. I guess we will see if they are actually looking for that, or just talking about it.

Loved the recent NM antelope hunt episode .
Been sharing on FB and getting great responses.
I bet half the hunters I've talked to in last year know about OYOA & HT now.

I dont watch FT on tv at all anymore because Im usually doing something else when its on. Going the youtube route is the best thing you could have done.

Glad to see how well YouTube is doing. Thank you to all of you who watch/share the videos and give us new ideas for content. We should easily clear 2M views by the end of the year, and if things really go well, I'm hoping for closer to 2.5M.

One other thing I'd like to bring up is that the podcast has quietly seen a fair amount of success. We have five individual episodes with over 20k downloads, and the most recent one cleared 12k in the first week alone.

Feel free to keep giving us feedback on things we're doing well or doing not-so-well! We attempt to shape what we're doing based on what we hear from you guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back