Yeti GOBOX Collection

Youth Preference Point

LWC55

Anyone know at what age you can start buying points in the various western states? I have an 8 and an 11 yr old and I would like to get them a head start in the points game. Thank you.

For Wyoming---A youth applicant wanting to purchase preference points only must be at least eleven (11) years old at the time of
submitting an application and must be at least twelve (12) years old by December 31 of that year.

Thanks Topgun. Looks like I can start next year in WY. Anybody know CO and AZ? Those are two other states I was considering. Open to other states if it seems like a good deal.

I haven't been able to confirm on the state websites. But read on some forums that you can buy points in AZ at 10 and CO at 12.

Thanks for posting this topic! I was wondering the same thing. I also am curious if the youth has to complete a hunter safety course prior to buying a preference point.

Way to get in front of this one LW. The best move I've made regarding out of state hunting was buying points for my son as soon as possible in WY. He is now 19 and we are looking to cash in elk points and/or deer points in 2017. We went on our pronghorn hunt a year ago and had a great time. The price of points and tags for juniors is nice but be ready once they turn 18 it gets spendy. We planned on burning all points while he was still a junior and would recommend that for others if cost is a major concern.
Bull elk for 275 and mule deer or antelope bucks for 110 is pretty good, not to mention the really cheap cow/doe options.
and as stated above 12 years old for WY

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back