Youth late season bull elk tag New Mexico drawn!!

Rgerber

Now the real work begins! My son drew a late season muzzleloader Bull elk tags in unit 51 New Mexico. I cannot afford me a scouting trip prior. Any advice, tips, Or general information would be greatly appreciated as I pour over website, forums, posts, and Topo maps to get my head around where to start. He’s a hard working 14 year old boy who earned all his own money to pay for his tag and trip. He would be thrilled with a filled tag. He has the rest of his life to worry about trophies. Thanks in advance Russ

I wish I could help, but best of luck. He sounds like a great kid. I hope the two of you have the hunt of a lifetime.

Now the real work begins! My son drew a late season muzzleloader Bull elk tags in unit 51 New Mexico. I cannot afford me a scouting trip prior. Any advice, tips, Or general information would be greatly appreciated as I pour over website, forums, posts, and Topo maps to get my head around where to start. He’s a hard working 14 year old boy who earned all his own money to pay for his tag and trip. He would be thrilled with a filled tag. He has the rest of his life to worry about trophies. Thanks in advance Russ
How did it go?

Back