Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Youth Hunting Clothes

Brentster7189

I've been scouring the internet looking for youth clothing in the camo variety. I had bought some stuff at Sportsmans Warehouse, but I was in there today and they didn't even have as much as they used to, and not in the camo I wanted. I want some medium grade stuff without breaking the bank, as you know how fast they grow out of it.

Can anyone help me out with some ideas on what and where they get their youth clothing. I'm looking at sizes between 10-18 generally.

Thanks!

I can't find much either. The only way I have had any luck is to get the kings catolog and order them direct. which sucks, because then they don't get to try them on. If you are trying to get rid of some of the smaller stuff they grew out of let me know I'm loooking for some 8-12 size stuff

http://www.wingsupply.com/categorie...lothing-accessories.html?sort=featured&page=1

Depending on what you are looking for Wing Supply has a selection of everything from infant to teenager. You will have to view all to see if they have what you want. I spent alot of money on my 12 year old to equip him for cold weather and lo and behold he went from being 5 ft 5 in and 120 lbs to being 6 ft and 180 lbs in about 7 months and now I am spending more money again. I would offer up his used hunting clothes as they are like brand new but his cousins were here with my brother and they cleaned us out.

Hope that helps.

Nemont

Brentster7189 - Sitka makes some great youth clothing. It is priced very well, plus they include 3" seems in the hem to they wont grow out of them so quickly.

I think we have a Jacket and maybe a pant leftover, both in the Open Country pattern

Here is the Sitka Gear press release for the Scrambler Series

Last edited:
Actually...Brentster7189, that's me now. Thanks for the heads up. I have Sitka gear and love the stuff, I'm sure the kids stuff is just as good.

When my kids were growing like crazy, I took fabric paints and made it a project with them, to camo their clothes, based on the territory we were in. We used a Cabelas catalog for various camo style examples. Not only did the kids get a kick out of it, but I worked it into a lesson on the purpose of camouflage, showing examples of Bev Doolittles work and such. They made an investment in their gear. I dont know what part of the country you are in, but Joanns Fabrics, Hancock Fabrics, Fabric Warehouse, Hobby Lobby, etc. All have fabric paints and you can blend a number of the colors to create your own palette of specific colors.

When my kids were growing like crazy, I took fabric paints and made it a project with them, to camo their clothes, based on the territory we were in. We used a Cabelas catalog for various camo style examples. Not only did the kids get a kick out of it, but I worked it into a lesson on the purpose of camouflage, showing examples of Bev Doolittles work and such. They made an investment in their gear. I dont know what part of the country you are in, but Joanns Fabrics, Hancock Fabrics, Fabric Warehouse, Hobby Lobby, etc. All have fabric paints and you can blend a number of the colors to create your own palette of specific colors.
I like this idea! The majority of the hunting my sons will be involved in here do not require technical clothing of any type. It'd be no trick to find some neutral color clothing at a thrift store and let them go crazy making it camo. Thanks for that tip!

idfishnhunt The youth garments are made from the same cloth as the adults. The kids really dig it as they get to look like their Dad, when the head out the door!

We need more kids excited about hunting, for sure!

My son sure loves his Sitka gear. (Even if I keep mixing it up between KUIU, First Lite, and Sitka.). They all make great stuff, but only Sitka takes care of the youth. Kudos to them for making the effort.

My son (8) wears a carhart bib, and Grandma found a camo insulated coat at Bass Pro. Agreed kid gear is a bit hard to find. Good hikers were hard to find as well.

For general gear a lot of options exist, but when you drag your kid into rough country far from help you need high quality gear, IMO. I can be miserable and still have a good time, not so much with the kiddos, especially the first couple of times. I've been slowly building my son's quality gear up so I can get him out chasing sheep with me. For hunting specific gear Sitka, Lucky Bum, and Marmot have been my top choices for this specific use.

For less intense trips I to have enjoyed the Carhart gear. I can usually find a sale on it at Fredy Meyers. Even Cabela's has a few good items you can find a good price on now and then... Just more focused on fleece vs. the backcountry high country stuff...

Anybody have any youth hunting/outdoor clothing they would like to sell? I have a 9 year old step son that loves to do everything and I need to get him some new gear for the fall. Looking at the Sitka youth gear and it looks great. Maybe---but I would love to find used stuff for him.

Also, sister is 13 and carried a gun in the field last year. She needs some better stuff. Two kids to outfit decently in the outdoors is a tough one...
Exactly like the previous post I can be cold but I can't let them be cold...Especially when I have a lot of gear!

Any used hunting/outdoor gear (clothes, baselayers, pants, jackets or boots) that don't fit or you would like to get rid of I would love to purchase them from you guys...

I am driving around Montana a lot....

For my son I was able to get some really good stuff on Camofire called Lucky Bums. Also look at Sierra trading post and get the coupons for 40% off. Lots of kids camo there as well.

Thank You for the Sierra Trading Post idea.....I don't know why I didn't think of that.....I think I can adequately and safely find some good warm clothes for them for around $200 bucks each including boots. (only need 1 new pair)

Thanks again,

It was a good day when my kids started fitting into adult small clothing. I had a heck of a time finding decent hunting clothes. Everything was cotton. For the good wet/cold weather gear, ski gear had a lot more options so I just stuck to neutral colors and as quiet of fabric as I could find.

I did learn that fanny packs slung diagonal across their backs worked way better than any sort of kids backpacks.

Hill People Gear makes chest kit bags that have also worked well with my kids big and small. It keeps the snacks and whatnot right up front under their nose so their not digging around in their big pack all the time.

And I didn't skimp on boots. If I found a good pair for my oldest, I bit the bullet and got them. Then we just kept them around for the next one coming up. Don't tell my boys, but they were in women's hiking boots for a while, just because they fit. One closet looked like a shoe warehouse, but I always hated cheap crappy leaking footwear when I was a kid. Still do, I guess.

I'll second the STP recommendation too. Sign up, and you get nearly a daily email on some flavor of discount.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back