PEAX Equipment

Your hunting lineage

shortbus

The other day I was thinking about why I am am hunter and how some of us do what we do. For me I come from a family of non hunters. My brother is the reason why I hunt and his core group of friends is the reason he hunts
He was introduced to hunting by his friends and I was lucky enough to have an older brother who let his noisy obnoxious kid brother tag aglong. Out of all of my siblings I am closest with my brother, and I know that wouldn't be the case if we didn't have this common interest. A couple of my favorite memories are things that I didn't realize how special they wereally at the time. The first one is when I was in 4th grade somehow I got talking to my elementary school custodian. In conversation it came up that he had a browning youth bow for sale. I told my brother about it and he and I went and bought the bow. My brother was barley old enough to drive and bought the bow with his money! The second one that I really look back fondly on is my 12th birthday my brother checked me out of school. In his truck he had a brand new uglystick fishing pole and a new fishing vest waiting for me. We drove to Wyoming with a couple of his friends and we spent the weekend fishing the Hamsfork river. I could go on and on about little stories, the point I am trying to make is traditions and "lineage" have to start somewhere.
The last very special memory to me is a few years back my brother and I drew limited entry archery elk tags in the same unit here in Utah in back to back years. He drew first and I was second. We were able to be very involved in each other's hunts and it is some of the greatest hunting memories I have!
View attachment 82731
My brothers bull
View attachment 82732
My bull

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back