MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

you got the "big bull" tag?

What an awesome story and hunt thank you for sharing it with us. Congrats partner!

Congrats on a great bull and one helluva hunt! You earned that one. What bullet we’re you shooting out of your prc?

Congrats on a great bull and one helluva hunt! You earned that one. What bullet we’re you shooting out of your prc?
Just the hordany 143eldx. I really would like to develop a load for it using those Berger 156 EOL’s but I can’t find them anywhere, maybe one day this ammo shortage will end.

One of my buddies shot his bull this year using those 143eldx’s out of his PRC at just over 300 yards. No problem bull went right down. I think they are great if you are hit the vitals. I’d be a little worried about them if you were to go straight into the shoulder or something. I know there are a lot of guys who think it’s too small of a round for elk.

Nice job!! That unit is a lot of fun to hunt. Had the same tag last year!! Did see or hear any wolves?

Nice job!! That unit is a lot of fun to hunt. Had the same tag last year!! Did see or hear any wolves?
No never did. I ran into a rancher moving cows up in forest service that claimed to have seen some in there a couple weeks previously though. Sounds like there is at least one pack, probably more

Congratulations on a great hunting story and the really nice bull!

Fantastic bull, and great write up. You did it justice in every way, shape, and form with the amount of time you spent scouting, hunting, and writing. Very heartfelt congratulations, and thanks for sharing the story.

Great bull and thanks for sharing! Nice to read a story like this before heading into the off season pergatory with the belly aching that will likely occur before bear and turkey season begins.

Great bull!!! Congrats. Really enjoyed the story and pictures, thanks for sharing with us

Great write up! Well-deserved harvest.

all that archery training, and rifle training and you did your job with 2 well placed 6.5PRC rounds. Nice work.

Put in the work and got PAID! Thanks for the awesome play by play. Congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back