You Gatta Love This

MEATHEAD

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you have to read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you gotta love this.

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scott Troop visiting his military installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you are equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL: We'll, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended

You gotta love the Marines

Good article Meathead. I was on a military base when I was about 13 as part of a "camp" type situation. One of the things we did while I was there was get a chance to shoot semi automatic M-16s which were retrofitted or something :confused: (13 was a while ago) to shoot .22s. Verrrry cool experience and very educational.

Back