Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Yokohama Geolander A/T G015 (E Rated)

PorterHouse

Well, here we are roughly 2 months away from heading to Colorado chasing mule deer, and my buddy’s truck, which we were planning to take, can’t seem to find its way out of the shop. And due to COVID and all the subsequent supply chain issues, there’s no telling when he’s going to get the part he needs.

So all that to say, there is a strong possibility my truck will get pressed into service this fall instead. But that ain’t happening until it gets some new tires put on it.

Wanted to see if anyone from the collective HT Braintrust had any first hand experience with these tires, good or bad? Please post your reply if you do.

I have always had good luck with Yokohama tires and can get these locally for a good price. So needless to say, that’s the direction I’m leaning at the moment. Hoping to hear good things but if any number of you folks have had negative experiences, I’d sure like to hear about those too before pulling the trigger on a new set of 4.

Thanks much and best of luck to everyone this fall!

Last edited:
I had a set of Geolanders on Doug. They came with him and were almost new when I bought the truck. While not too aggressive, they served me well and were pleasant on the highway as well. Zero complaints

On my second set of Geolanders on a F250. Very happy with them. They are rated as a snow tire (little snowflake on the sidewall) so legal in Quebec during the winter. They do fine in muddy conditions and are not noisy on the highway. They have worn better than most tires I have run over the years. They are headed to Wyoming next month !!!

I've had them for my last 5 or so sets of tires accross Two vehicles. My dad has them on his truck as does my brother, I believe. We have geolanders on our SxS as well. No issues. Last time I was forced into getting tires I was on a trip and had to get what I could. Firestone. Mpg went up but a year later we're at the tread bar already.

Geolander will be my next set.

I had a set and really liked them, however my driving habits and the tire compound didn’t agree. I was disappointed in the mileage I got out of them. I switched to BF Goodrich TA and with the same habits gotten around 2 the miles on a set.

Well, here we are roughly 2 months away from heading to Colorado chasing mule deer, and my buddy’s truck, which we were planning to take, can’t seem to find its way out of the shop. And due to COVID and all the subsequent supply chain issues, there’s no telling when he’s going to get the part he needs.

So all that to say, there is a strong possibility my truck will get pressed into service this fall instead. But that ain’t happening until it gets some new tires put on it.

Wanted to see if anyone from the collective HT Braintrust had any first hand experience with these tires, good or bad? Please post your reply if you do.

I have always had good luck with Yokohama tires and can get these locally for a good price. So needless to say, that’s the direction I’m leaning at the moment. Hoping to hear good things but if any number of you folks have had negative experiences, I’d sure like to hear about those too before pulling the trigger on a new set of 4.

Thanks much and best of luck to everyone this fall!

If you're planning on going off road in the later seasons I'd bring a set of chains too...

I had a set and really liked them, however my driving habits and the tire compound didn’t agree. I was disappointed in the mileage I got out of them. I switched to BF Goodrich TA and with the same habits gotten around 2 the miles on a set.
Got ya. The KO2s are option number 2. They are 8 ply equivalent while the Geolanders are 10. I prefer to get the 10. We’ll see how they wear for me
I guess…time will tell.

I had a set a while ago, they had good traction in the snow (which is my top priority) when new, but they chunked and wore out faster than any other all terrain tire I’ve ever used on rocky central Montana roads. In the same class of less aggressive all terrains I liked Hankook ATMs and Cooper AT3s a lot better.

ok here is a negative review: I had geo landers on my f250 and I was not a fan. Tread wear was less then satisfying which wouldnt be an issue if the tires actually performed decently in the mud. Out here the mud is clay and sticky so a aggressive pattern is needed. Also kept having issues with punctures on the rocky mountain roads. And Snow on the mountain? Forget about it and bring chains otherwise your in for a ride. I finally got rid of them and got a set of Kenda Klever AT2s and I have been very happy with them. I'm running a stock tire size for the 4wd crew cab long bed truck so 275/70/18.

I did a fair amount of research on tires a few months ago and the geolanders were never a top performer. I ended up with cooper at3 xlt’s through my local tirerama which I’m now kind of regretting. My next set will more than likely be a set of falken wildpeaks

I did a fair amount of research on tires a few months ago and the geolanders were never a top performer. I ended up with cooper at3 xlt’s through my local tirerama which I’m now kind of regretting. My next set will more than likely be a set of falken wildpeaks
I had the same coopers on a 3/4 ton ram, they were just ok. Not good on snow/ice. I have the wild peaks now & am really happy with them. Definite improvement over the coopers

I’ve heard nothing but good from the Falken line. I would definitely try them on my rig.

I had the same coopers on a 3/4 ton ram, they were just ok. Not good on snow/ice. I have the wild peaks now & am really happy with them. Definite improvement over the coopers

What has me pissed off about the coopers is the cracks in the sidewall and the refusal to warranty them. They’re only like 3 months old and 3 out of the 4 tires have some level of cracking in the sidewall. This is the worst one

190D7763-69F4-4EF3-A7DE-90A154AA176F.jpeg

What has me pissed off about the coopers is the cracks in the sidewall and the refusal to warranty them. They’re only like 3 months old and 3 out of the 4 tires have some level of cracking in the sidewall. This is the worst one

View attachment 194084
Dang, that’s really bad! I had the same issue also but to a lesser degree. For what tires cost anymore I’d be pretty fired up about that too! The coopers and falkens were within a couple dollars per tire

View attachment 194084

That is not normal....I would complain to the BBB, let their rating go down if they won't resolve it.

Thanks for the continued feedback all. I had been pretty set on E rated up to this point, but am starting to wonder if maybe I ought to consider D rated as well. Anybody have any insights or comments on their experiences with E rated vs. D rated on a half ton pickup?

If I drop down to D rated, it opens up some additional options like the BFG KO2 and the Falkens.

Back