Yet...another new member

ScreeSlider

Hello guys-
Just thought I would drop a note and say hi. I am 28 and live in the great little state of Washington. I live for chasing Mule Deer up high in the summer and fall and killing greenheads in the winter.

Great site with a great purpose. Hope I can contribute something in the future.

Ben

Great to have you ScreeSlider. Post up some pics when you have time!

Welcome!
I'd love to see some of the Washington high country.
Get used to packing your camera if you don't already, we're picture sluts.

Not a lot of people give Washington much thought...it has some great things to offer. Our game department on the other hand...well thats for another discussion.

Attachments

• 8-09 (3).jpg
    8-09 (3).jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 126
  • GP.jpg
    GP.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 128
  • CW.jpg
    CW.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 127
Yeah, you'll fit right in.
You liking those ascent pants?

All their gear is pretty tough to beat...but I do have to say the new rain gear is some of the best that I have worn....and living here where we get 30"-40" of rain a year, we love our rain gear.

What Buschy said! Is that a Volcano in one of your pictures? Welcome! John

The 1st picture is a stratovolcano, probably Mt. Baker from the looks of it. But it could be Glacier or maybe even Rainier. The caldera that's holding the alpine lake is probably an ancient vent that has slid off the volcano due to plate techtonics over the eons. Or it might still be connected to the main magma chamber, depending on it's proximity to the 1st picture. At least that's what it looks like to me from observing the geomorphology in those pictures.
Which mountain is picture #1?

The 1st one is Rainier...and I totally agree with everything you said. (Kidding, I honestly cant understand anything you said, but there are a lot of bears around that stratovolcano).

You definately know your stuff.

The 1st one is Rainier...and I totally agree with everything you said. (Kidding, I honestly cant understand anything you said, but there are a lot of bears around that stratovolcano).

You definately know your stuff.

I studied geology for a time at EWU back in the early 80's and I've been to Rainier, St. Helen's, and Glacier. I got high enough up on Rainier to spot a goat w/ binoculars. I heard St. Helen's when she blew in 1980 from NE WA and witnessed the ash flow, and I walked the mudflows at the base in 1982. I was on an unsuccessful horse packed goat hunt in the Glacier Peak Wilderness in 1979. But I've only seen Baker from the North Cascades highway. But I've seen numerous ancient calderas in the mountains of the U.S. This country has an amazing geologic history that is still being told and that part of the country is some of the most active.

I studied geology for a time at EWU back in the early 80's and I've been to Rainier, St. Helen's, and Glacier. I got high enough up on Rainier to spot a goat w/ binoculars. I heard St. Helen's when she blew in 1980 from NE WA and witnessed the ash flow, and I walked the mudflows at the base in 1982. I was on an unsuccessful horse packed goat hunt in the Glacier Peak Wilderness in 1979. But I've only seen Baker from the North Cascades highway. But I've seen numerous ancient calderas in the mountains of the U.S. This country has an amazing geologic history that is still being told and that part of the country is some of the most active.

wow. it's amazing that something so old as you, can find something so new like this.

Very cool. In that pic of Rainier I was actually up their trying to find goats, not w/ a tag but just to watch for the day. There are quite a few in that area but this year the game department shut it off for hunting which is too bad as that is an area I have wanted to kill a goat bad. Isnt really any goat areas in Glacier Peak Wilderness anymore, again sad. I was up near the wilderness boarder last weekend and had a, what I think, was a booner billy starring at me for 1/2 hour.
You were able to see a lot of this country before it was completetly mismanaged.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back