Yard Sale Find.....

Left Behind

Jackson, Wyoming..... Great little drinking town w
Does any one know what kind of pot this is ?
I thought it was interesting so I bought it.

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

I think it looks like what the old timers used to fill up thier bath tubs...

Becky says it looks like a coal scuttle...

Hunterman(Tony)

I'd be willing to bet it set you back $3 and will make you about $1200.

I was going to be a smart aleck and say "it's a copper pot," but then I decided that it had to be a pot for filling the tub. So I agree with Hunterman.

Though I'm not 100% sure...I'm going to side with Hunterman. I asked my 87 year old Mom just now and she said, "Heck if I know...we weren't rich enough to afford one of those back then." :D She is a riot!

It is a beautiful piece though. Very good condition! You might try looking at the antiques section on Ebay.

Congrats on your find.
My wife thought it was a coal scuttle b4 we saw your last post. She thinks it worth around $35-100 depending on the year and who made it. You got your moneys worth though no matter what its value.
sMy wife bought me a plano magnum 2 sided tackle box on sat at a yard sale for $2 and it was full of lure and worms and spinner baits.
got about 50 different lures out of it. Cool huh!

No way on gods green earth am I going to tell Lady Nutcracker that she was right
shhh.gif
I knew she was smart
hump.gif
after all she married me :D
hump.gif
Again cool find LB...

Hunterman(Tony)

You all are silly. Can't ya tell by lookin that the pot was used to piss in!!! ( chamberpot ). I sure hope ya washed it out before bringing into the house.
elkgrin.gif

Whatever kind of pot it was, it appears to be in very nice shape. Great find!!!!

My mom has one just like that. I don't think its worth all that much, but its a nice find.

LB,
I'll check a couple of books I have for you, but I'm pretty sure it's a reproduction. Two reasons. !) Ceramics mixed with copper(or brass). @) Lion-head configuration on swivel. If it were truly old the handle would be plain, the swivel bracket would be a rivet directly on the pot. That's my experience. I'll confirm and let you know. My guess, 1950s-1960s. Any marks on the bottom? Manufacturer's stamp?

Chas

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back