Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Yard bear

Khunter

image.jpgwalking next to house. been making the dogs crazy for a week so put up game camera to see what it is. walked by at 3:30 and 5pm on a pretty hot day.

anyone else have yard bear pics feel free to post here.

Last edited:
I bet that got the dogs barking. No yard bears in west Boise, but the fish and game just took a spike elk out of our neighboring subdivision this week. And they have removed a couple of cougars from town as well this year. One of which was shot while it was trying to eat a barking dog.

Not a great picture but this guy was behind our house about a month ago an hour north of Boise. Would love to see him a couple of years from now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 423
From a couple of years ago when we lived in a rental before we bought our current house....only about a mile apart. These rascals were in the yard all day and destroyed the neighbors apple tree :)

Attachments

• Baby_bear_watching_Daisy.JPG
    Baby_bear_watching_Daisy.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 360
  • Bear_in_the_backyard.JPG
    Bear_in_the_backyard.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 371
  • Bears_in_our_backyard.JPG
    Bears_in_our_backyard.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 362
  • Bears_sleeping_in_the_backyard.JPG
    Bears_sleeping_in_the_backyard.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 372
Great pics guys. I can't hardly get the wife to leave the house if my big tomcat is on the porch. . .if these were in the yard, she would never see the sun! LOL:D

Bear for breakfast

Last month this youngster stopped by to sample bird seed on the tray feeder by the cabin.

Not wishing to encourage it further, a little disincentive training was administered.... 12 ga. rubber buckshot in the ass and it took off like a rocket.

Hope it doesn't come back. I don't want bear problems! I'm careful to not leave feeders out or accessible after dark when bears typically forage.

Bears that become accustomed to raiding feeders become problem bears and eventually dead bears. The idea is to give them an unpleasant experience around human habitation so they don't return.

The rubber buckshot was issued to me by a wildlife officer a few years ago when I had a daytime foraging bear getting into my hummingbird traps. I keep the shotgun handy with 3 rubber buckshot on top, and 3 magnum slugs if the bear runs the wrong way. This is the first I have used it.

My yard bears like to play with my son's toy excavator.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.jpg
    IMG_2915.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 188
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back