Yeti GOBOX Collection

Y2Y Innitiative...

Baticus

Tried searching for like minded threads. Unable to locate much towards this group.

What kind of publicity does this group get south of the 49th? Here in Alberta it has been a hot topic from them "petitioning" our minister of sustainable resources. I say petitioning, as its more politically correct than saying she's in bed with them.

We have had certain public lands locked out to any form of motorized traffic under the guise of protecting the headwaters. Random camping shut down, unless you are in a designated "random" camping spot. Essentially changing crown land to provincial parks. Hunting/fishing has also been on debate in a lot of these areas affected by these "shut downs." Emotional based reasoning instead of scientific or first hand experiences play a huge part with this group.

Apparently this Y2Y thing is quite a hot topic,(especially too those it would have a direct impact on), that'll definitely push some peoples buttons. I'm not as informed as some, but have tried to find as much as I can on it. I have spoken to quite a few friends out in Wyoming, Montana & Idaho, and none of them have anything nice to say about Y2Y. I myself haven't formed an opinion on it, only because I'm still doing my research on the matter. But some of what they are proposing is quite puzzling, which leads to more questions, than answers.

"Y2Y" (aside from any particular group to which the concept may be tagged) is on one hand a general conservation notion promoting open space, wildlife habitat and migration corridors, natural flora and fauna environments, and regional blocks to development.
On the other hand it is a concept which has resulted in an opposing paranoia instilled in those who assert that the idea is a plot to drive people from the land and end agricultural production of vast areas.
Is it a pipe dream of more liberal conservationists or is it a conspiracy theory of radical conservative fear mongers? Only time will tell how this plays out.
Many point to preservation of grasslands in Canada, Montana, and elsewhere as signs of a "movement". The American Prairie Reserve (APR) appears as a threat to those opposing the concept and creates a real dilemma in that those folks, and in particular as represented by United Property Owners of Montana (UPOM), typically strongly support private property rights but then turn around and criticize APR for employing private property rights. It's a real conundrum which, IMO, needs better communications and understanding from both sides of the issue.

Y2Y i like: The APR

Y2Y I don’t like: Nahanni Park in the Mackenzies, banning hunting in a place that only hunters go to, that needed protection from nothing

Baticus, what is the story with the Big Horn preserve, or provincial park, or whatever it is in Alberta? Is that a plan to take crownland to turn into a provincial park, which would exclude hunting?

Y2Y's goals and actions are much more aggressive in Canada than in the US.

Straight arrow mentions a paranoia....
The only reason the description fits is because Y2Y and their birth twin, The Big Wild, have scrubbed the net of all evidence initially offered as to their true intent.

Y2Y's ultimate goal IS to eliminate humans (except the Indigenous) from vast expanses of land creating their version of "Wilderness"....

The US appears to view Y2Y as rather benign in effects to the populace and in particular to hunters. In Canada, it is not.
While we are Family, Canada and the USA are certainly living different lives.

".... have scrubbed the net of all evidence initially offered as to their true intent." We have all wondered about the infamous "lost emails", but now the ploy described by the phrase "scrubbed the net" conjures up a new and even more elaborate conspiracy.

lol... or you're being paranoid. ;)

Cleaning up their act to appear more benign was not a hard thing to do.

I had copied much of the telling information ten years ago.
Lost it all on a computer crash, didn't think much about it the time, not realizing how telling this information would be today.....

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back