x-bows Montana illegal for old and handi-cap , during the archery season

Status
Not open for further replies.
plenty selfish answers , just remember someday you will be old too and if you had a hard job your physical health might not be good either . the job i had not many people would have done for 35 years as i did . i was a REA lineman who climb many poles ,outside in all weather conditions in Northern Minnesota sometimes for days with no rest . so start the sly selfish nasty remarks from your keyboard boys !

plenty selfish answers , just remember someday you will be old too and if you had a hard job your physical health might not be good either . the job i had not many people would have done for 35 years as i did . i was a REA lineman who climb many poles ,outside in all weather conditions in Northern Minnesota sometimes for days with no rest . so start the sly nasty remarks from your keyboard boys !
Why not hunt WY where they are legal?

You really want to hit the jackpot, add gas station/e vehicle charging station and a super stocked convenience store with a big snack section…and you will cover all the bases.
Bolts, bowls, Gas for road hunting and snacks!! I bet the average in hunting season sale is over 300….

I hope when I’m 70 I’m not a sniveling little pussy bitch.
A couple of weeks ago I was judging a dog test in Ohio. One of the other judges was 80 years old. What a cool dude. Told stories about Vietnam and Cambodia. He still goes to Michigan to hunt grouse for two months every fall, and is planning on starting a puppy next year.

plenty selfish answers , just remember someday you will be old too and if you had a hard job your physical health might not be good either . the job i had not many people would have done for 35 years as i did . i was a REA lineman who climb many poles ,outside in all weather conditions in Northern Minnesota sometimes for days with no rest . so start the sly selfish nasty remarks from your keyboard boys !
Are you a Montana resident?

I think it's hilarious that the few people who that would actually hunt after 70 with a cross bow is somehow going to kill every elk on the mountain and ruin this sport that we all love is asinine. I for one would want my dad or uncle's every opportunity to hunt as long as they can. I for one will do my best to stay in shape and pray my health is good way into my 70s but I will not close my mind to keeping our older generations hunting.

Why does MT outlaw crossbows when they let you shoot pregnant cows with a rifle? We all know MT doesn't care about the wellbeing of the herd, so this seems inconsitent with their general ambivalence towards wildife.

Head scratcher that this is age discrimination thingy. :unsure:

I wouldn't call it age discrimination.

All I know is that I am very happy that I got an extra 10 or 12 years of hunting during the early fall with my grandpa before he passed due to the fact that he could use a crossbow in those last years of his life. Now my uncle is in the same boat. If it weren't for being able to use a crossbow he wouldn't be able to be out there.

Want to disallow the able bodied from using them and I am 100% on board. Tell the old timers they are SOL, not so much.

What’s your favorite silly lineman sticker?

Head scratcher that this is age discrimination thingy. :unsure:

I wouldn't call it age discrimination.

All I know is that I am very happy that I got an extra 10 or 12 years of hunting during the early fall with my grandpa before he passed due to the fact that he could use a crossbow in those last years of his life. Now my uncle is in the same boat. If it weren't for being able to use a crossbow he wouldn't be able to be out there.

Want to disallow the able bodiedfrom using them and I am 100% on board. Tell the old timers they are SOL, not so much.
Yea all good buddy. Just adding a bit of levity to the morning. I am in a good mood. Bear season is coming

I will get an extra week of PTO starting next March. Seriously considering using that for a spring bear hunt.

Sorry for being dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back