x-bows Montana illegal for old and handi-cap , during the archery season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. mtmuley
I have zero interest in smoking or edibles, but the pot plant is one of the coolest around. The circle of life has me wanting to grow a couple plants.😁

i wish there was a way this could be made legal for myself and many others ? at my age of 70 years old and handi-cap i would like to hunt during the archery season with a x-bow in Montana when its warmer. but the Montana Bowhunter Association feel us old crippled people are a real threat on the elk population and their way of bowhunting. this is almost shameful for the handi-cap , but seems in Montana pot /marijuana will be legalize soon for all . WTF ?
You just fall off a turnip truck and land on one of the backroads of Montana?

I often wonder how people who are too physically weak to shoot a compound bow could get an elk out of the mountains. I had a guy come into my office a couple of years ago. He had shot an elk two days prior and was looking for someone to hire to pack it out. I asked why didn’t he just do it himself. He said there was no way that he could pack it out himself. I asked why would he shoot an animal that he couldn’t pack out. He gave me a blank stare like I was crazy.

Y'all are arguing over which weapons-privileged season personally benifits you the most and should therefore be the only way because...you. I personally enjoy and use traditional archery equipment. Wheely bows and crossbows are as ghey as Freddy Mercury's mustache. These details are beside the point, as they say.

The slew of shenanigans with different seasons is laid out so that the most people can go hunt with a likelihood of a number of elk being taken. That same number could be taken with fewer people hunting with no restriction on weapon. In the end, the arguments are about how to allow and encourage the greatest number of people to take a hike while carrying a weapon.

So, uh, take a hike however you please, but please stop trying to use government to overcomplicate something which should be simple.

You are correct guys like you probably wouldn’t be an issue on the elk population. But it would be taken advantage of when welfare was started it had great intentions

most crossgun guys I know are potheads.
How many do you know?

Most crossbow, (the weapon has had that name for almost a millennium), guys I know are hunters who have killed more deer with traditional and compound bows than most of the other hunters I know. Most have gotten up in age and/or have shoulder problems. Those issues tend to happen when you work yourself into the ground in various physically demanding trades for most of your life.

Since when do we punish people for being old or having an injury?

I am fine with whatever Montana are any other State decides on this. Don’t have a dog in the hunt because I was lucky enough to be able to rehab a shoulder that prevented me from shooting my compound for a couple of years. I’ll just grab that if I want to bowhunt up there. When I am hunting here at home or somewhere else that allows crossbows, who knows. I have a good one. I tend to use the best tool available for the job. My job as a hunter, in my opinion, is clean ethical kills. If I think the crossbow is the best tool available I will be hard pressed not to use it. I have nothing to prove as far as my ability to kill deer with an upright bow.

Last edited:
If your moral compass allows it, and you want to make some serious money, open up a combination, crossgun shop and dispensary.
Bolts and Bowls combos can’t stay in stock.
Whatever dude. You are exactly one of the irrational I was speaking of in my earlier post.

Some issues just bring out the crazy in people on both sides. The crossbow issue is definitely one of those.

Whatever dude. You are exactly one of the irrational I was speaking of in my earlier post.

Some issues just bring out the crazy in people on both sides. The crossbow issue is definitely one of those.
Just a hunch, but I think you’re missing a heavy dose of satire in his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back