Yeti GOBOX Collection

x-bows Montana illegal for old and handi-cap , during the archery season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't imagine someone looking at an old-timer saying, "sorry about your luck, you're too old. Sure we still have a way to get you out into the field, but it's just not as noble as the way I hunt elk…”
To be fair, since we are calling out BS narratives, no one is saying this. What Montanans are saying is that there is ample opportunity already to use your crossbow during the several months of shoulder seasons, rifle seasons, weapons restricted areas, etc. A weapon with an effectiveness much more akin to handguns, open-sighted rifles or muzzleloaders (none of which are allowed during archery season) should be treated accordingly.

Nothing is currently stopping the OP from bringing his crossbow out in October, or August shoulder seasons in some places.

A weapon with an effectiveness much more akin to handguns, open-sighted rifles or muzzleloaders

Totally agree with your post as far as Montana having ample opportunity to use a crossbow but you may want to check your data on what is quoted above.

Are they more effective than compounds? Sure. Are their effectiveness akin to open sighted rifles and muzzleloaders? No, not at all. Though they are probably even more effective in open country when compared to bows than they would be in the thick stuff.

Purely an issue of physics.

Edit: Just thought of this. This could also depend on what metrics you use to define effectiveness. If we are talking about velocity, trajectory, ballistic coefficient, kinetic energy, etc. of crossbows vs, open signted rifles and muzzleloaders there is no comparison. Another fun fact is that crossbows generally have less kinetic energy than upright bows. They are superior in other categories though.

Last edited:
here is the thing its Federal land with Montana regulations ,Montana may not be following the Federal regulations for the handi-cap on Federal land ? i wanna see what happens with the section line corners from private land corner to school section land corner, that case starts end of June 2023 this year in Wyoming but when its all over all states will part of this. if that`s positive outcome then the FEDERAL LAND LAW will be next !

here is the thing its Federal land with Montana regulations ,Montana may not be following the Federal regulations for the handi-cap on Federal land ? i wanna see what happens with the section line corners from private land corner to school section land corner, that case starts end of June 2023 this year in Wyoming but when its all over all states will part of this. if that`s positive outcome then the FEDERAL LAND LAW will be next !

And here is where you completely lose me bud...

Good luck with that for a lot of us a guy in your spot isn’t an issue. The issue is the abuse from other people. So your cross bow hunting in Montana just like so many other things in life will be ruined from other people being piles of ……….

Meh, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What I find interesting is that when someone from out of state agrees with them they welcome the input. When they don’t they pull the “ why should we listen to someone from “almost Arkansas” card or you are thin skinned for simply describing ones personal experience and views card.

Who exactly is thin skinned in that situation?

Anyway, apparently I have a water leak between my meter and house to fix today. Been looking for it for a month and it finally surfaced this morning.

I wonder if we can argue if my sharpshooter shovel or my round nosed shovel is superior. Think I’ll use both…
And this here's a MAN'S spade! Cast steel just like the lord intended for TRADITIONAL digging. Yep it's an irrigation spade but it's cut more sod and dug more graves in cemeteries than the rest of everybody on here's darned shovels combined! Headgates by day and 6 ft holes at night. I had to dig them big enough for a vault as well!

Bet you and me are the only one's that don't hire our digging done. Lazy Pansies everywhere! 🤣

20230430_100430.jpg

P.S. One of the last graves it dug was the old man that taught me archery and bow building. He had to use a crossbow his last few years. I was just glad he would still GO before he died. He's buried in a little cemetery in the same unit he hunted. He loved that area so much that's what he wanted. He got to enjoy one last elk rut archery hunt that fall. We buried him in rifle season.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I said that what is good for one State or
region is not necessarily good for another about half a dozen times in this thread alone…
Then why keep going on about how much you love crossbows and that they aren’t that much of an impact? You are the one trying to make the case for crossbows during the archery elk rut in Montana by referencing articles and saying the data speaks for itself. You can’t have it both ways and pretend like you’re not lobbing for the passage of crossbows during archery season.

Then why keep going on about how much you love crossbows and that they aren’t that much of an impact? You are the one trying to make the case for crossbows during the archery elk rut in Montana by referencing articles and saying the data speaks for itself. You can’t have it both ways and pretend like you’re not lobbing for the passage of crossbows during archery season.

Ok, wow…

Where did I say I loved crossbows? Please quote that.

When and to whom did my lobbying or trying to make a case for crossbows during the elk rut in Montana for the general public take place? Quote those please.

I simply gave some facts. Just because some folks don’t like them doesn’t make them less factual.

I also provided a concrete example of how crossbow use by the elderly touched me and my family.

It is entirely up to Montanans to decide who can use crossbows and when they can use them. Facts are important no matter which side of a particular issue someone falls on.

Or at least they should be.

Ok, wow…

Where did I say I loved crossbows? Please quote that.

When and to whom did my lobbying or trying to make a case for crossbows during the elk rut in Montana for the general public take place? Quote those please.

I simply gave some facts. Just because some folks don’t like them doesn’t make them less factual.

I also provided a concrete example of how crossbow use by the elderly touched me and my family.

It is entirely up to Montanans to decide who can use crossbows and when they can use them. Facts are important no matter which side of a particular issue someone falls on.

Or at least they should be.
Your copious posts add up to the points I made. You like to pretend you don’t have an agenda, but you do. Then you act innocent when someone sees through your BS and calls you out. For someone who professes this topic is for Montanans to figure out, you sure do weigh in repeatedly with conviction as a NR.

Your copious posts add up to the points I made. You like to pretend you don’t have an agenda, but you do. Then you act innocent when someone sees through your BS and calls you out. For someone who professes this topic is for Montanans to figure out, you sure do weigh in repeatedly with conviction as a NR.

Like putting words in peoples mouths and thoughts in their heads do you?

Have fun with that.

Having a passionate opinion on a topic does not necessarily make it an agenda. They can be mutually exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back