Caribou Gear Tarp

wyoming wolf hunt

Hunter&Huntress

hey guys so wyoming is finally goin to have a season this year. After my wife and I get our elk tags filled im am goin to focus all my attention towards getting a wolf. I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what worked for them. was wondering if distress calls worked for anyone or wsa it all spot and stalk? good luck to everyone this season and everyone be safe out there!

I'm thinking atleast this first year a predator call is gonna be the ticket but after this year of being shot at all bets are off and its gonna be find the elk and spot stalk em

I had heard a rumor that Wyoming was going to hunt wolves this year. I guess it is true. Well congratulations. What are the details? How much for a tag? How many tags etc. There were guys on here swearing that it will take years before Wyoming can hunt wolves. I'm glad it didn't take that long.

Also, if you want some good pointers listen to crittergitter. He's one of the best wolf slayers I've heard about.

Wyoming gains control on october 1st that is the first day of the season and goes threw december 31st or until the mortality rate is reached. there are 12 areas near yellowstone that have a set qouta. once out of those areas they are considered a predator year around and can be shot without a tag. tags around bout over the counter and are $18 for residents and 180 for non-residents. This is wyomings game a fish brochure for grey wolfs http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/Departments/Hunting/pdfs/REGULATIONS_CH47_BROCHURE0002871.pdf

Stuck to their guns and got the seasons they were after;congrats.too bad there are no wolves where I'll be hunting this elk season.May buy the tag anyway,and support wolf management

You guys wanting tips on hunting wolves....watch Randy's show next week - Part 2. It's about hunting wolves in Montana!

Could you please hunt down by the Colorado border, and keep them from crossing the state line

appreciate it ;)

Back