Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Wyoming Unit 63

Tikka06

I’ve been doing some serious research on unit 63. Seeing lots of promising info on the area and looks like a fun hunt. The problem is I’m the only one that does the research for our group and it kinda all rests on my shoulders. We have 5.5 points as a group and I think we could pull the tag. No questions about access or lodging really, I just can’t decide on whether it’s worth it to burn our points or hold out. Any info would be appreciated. Feel free to PM if you would rather. If we decide to put in and do draw, I may be looking for some info on fishing in the reservoir also.

I don’t think you can draw a tag in 63 with 5.5 points. Took 9 last year in regular and 6 in special. Guessing with reduced tags this fall those will jump a point or 2 as well

Let me clarify, this would be the type 2 tag. East of the Buzzard rd.
I hunted that a few years ago and it was a fun hunt. One thing that is not in place is the big hma for the Pathfinder ranch. That hma helped connect all the dots. No shortage of antelope, but once they get pressured they'll be on that ranch. We drove around a year later and didn't see as many out by the road. We also went south on Buzzard rd, which is the boundary road and only seen one good group. The further south you go the more it looks like mule deer country.

Back