Wyoming Unit 52-2

CountingCoo

My dad and I drew antelope buck tags for unit 52-2. We will be hunting the second week of the season. Was wondering if anyone who has hunted this unit has any info to share. Looks like 2 big blocks of BLM that I'm guessing get hammered. I'm in Idaho and will not be able to scout before we arrive. I'm map scouting the less obvious parcels and was wondering how often antelope are found in the lower parts of the NF.

Would appreciate any info. Thanks!

Check your maps. That area has plenty of public access. You can also hunt the state lands unless you see "restrictions" listed on the map. Make sure you have public access layers all turned on. The NF area in the south is open but not sure you will find much there. Never saw any driving through there. As plentiful as antelope is in that area you should do fine.

I realized I never posted after my hunt. We had a great hunt, but definitely had to work for our goats. There is a bunch of ag and private ground here and most of the antelope were on it. We had to set up ambushes along fence lines and catch bucks moving in and out. We hunted for 5 days and ended up with 3 nice bucks and 2 does. The buck on the right below was mine and I spent 4 days trying to get the drop on him, before he finally followed a doe into some BLM. He's one of my best and I'm quite proud of him as I definitely earned him.

Found some bucks shot and left to rot near the roads. Some real scum-bags around unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Congrats. 52 proper has been on my radar but we chose to go to another unit this year. Glad you were able to get it done south of the river.

I realized I never posted after my hunt. We had a great hunt, but definitely had to work for our goats. There is a bunch of ag and private ground here and most of the antelope were on it. We had to set up ambushes along fence lines and catch bucks moving in and out. We hunted for 6 days and ended up with 3 nice bucks and a doe. The buck on the right below was mine and I spent 4 days trying to get the drop on him, before he finally followed a doe into some BLM. He's one of my best and I'm quite proud of him as I definitely earned him.

Found 3 bucks shot and left to rot near the roads. Some real scum-bags around unfortunately.
Thank you for the update! I was thinking about applying there next year, would you mind if I PM you and pick your brain a little bit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back