Wyoming Unit 35 Cow hunt

Wapiti23

Hey everybody. Looking into unit 35 for a cow hunt with the rifle and am asking for help beings this is about the last units with any tags leftover. My brother and I have never been here before. We usually hunt unit 7 but were unable to get any tags this year. Any info would be great!

Thank you!

It's a type 6 license. Sorry guys its the general unit 36 type 6 that I'm interested in. Randy if you see this could you change the Unit number to 36 in the title please.

Last edited:
I live in buffalo, and have spent quite a bit of time in that area. it is an extremely popular general elk hunting unit. lots of hunters. be there opening day, and get on a ridge with a vantage point because the elk will be getting pushed around. most people will have general elk tags which require them to shoot antlered elk only, so you might have a chance at putting a cow down. but the success odds are pretty low. just have to be lucky, right place, right time.

Type 6 is valid on private land only in some units. you'll want to check on that. This would exclude you from hunting any national forest land.

Thank you TimeOn. I had seen that but it didn't hit me till later. Any info on unit 36 for cows?

Thank you TimeOn. I had seen that but it didn't hit me till later. Any info on unit 36 for cows?

I had a buddy that hunted 36 a few years back, I've no details, i do know they said there were a lot of people but that they did get into elk. Still came home empty handed though.

the type 6 in area 36 is for the whole unit. unlike area 35 where the type 6 is off national forest only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back