Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming Unit 25

In my experience weekday pressure drops off materially, but i hunt private.
Also, you mentioned this is a first pronghorn hunt for you. So when you get your goat, and I hope you do, have a plan in place to get the animal cooled down and onto ice ASAP. Pronghorn doesn't hold up in the heat as well as deer or elk. It may not spoil, but it won't taste good. There are two camps of hunters. Those who think pronghorn tastes great and those who don't. Its a matter of immediate care in the field.

Liberty bring those fishing poles as stated. You'll be close to some great fishing.

We've hunted this unit and others near by. Consider using Pats Processing in Casper, to take care of your animals.

We used Pat's last year to make burger for us and they cut three antelope for one of the party. Very quick turnaround and they packaged the end products very well.

Several friends hunted 25 and they followed their GPS w/onX to goats each time. Lots of choices in Casper to stay and eat.

Hunted 25 last year. Northern part of unit has less pressure than the southern portion. Use ON X and you will be fine. The farther from Casper , the better. Plenty of animals as long as your not looking for a record buck. I second the motion for using Pats. Excellent salami!!

i took a buck in 25 once. the warden i got a hold of beforehand was really nice, don't remember his name.

upon i arrival i did learn, or at least it appeared upon driving up to the fences, that the public land access on the side of the road on the north end of the unit - just south and west of Midwest - is not legal access. it's such an active oil field there were no trespassing signs everywhere. thwarted my initial plans to pack in on the north end. but there may be more to that than my initial investiagtion revealed at midnight in the dark when i first arrived. i went elsewhere. maybe someone knows more though

but i killed a buck, first two hours of my first day walking around. it was snowing sideways too

When I hunted it in 2012 I thought the same thing about the oil field but after watching other trucks drive through, I did also and found a bunch of camps and hunters on the other side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back