Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming tag donations???

Elmacho

Can a 20 yr old sibling who does not want to hunt, draw a tag and donate it to his minor brother?
Thanks

To my knowledge there is not a game tag anywhere, in any state, that is, or has ever been transferable. And for very good reason too.

Every hunter in the planet would be applying for their entire extended family and “donating” the tags to themselves.

Wyoming averages group draw points though so if the younger sibling has 0 points and the older has 6 they could put in together and both draw a 3pt unit.

To my knowledge there is not a game tag anywhere, in any state, that is, or has ever been transferable. And for very good reason too.
You can transfer doe tags to any other hunter in NY. You just sign the tag you were awarded and hand it off... It makes sense because they're really hoping that those tags will get filled and people have a tendency to just put in for them, even if they're unlikely to use them. It only costs 10 dollars.
And in Minnesota, and probably some other states, party hunting is legal, which is basically just a half-step removed from transferable licenses.

Tons of transferable landowner tags, commission tags, and governors tags. In AZ parents, grandparents can transfer tags to their kids/grandkids. Probably some others I'm forgetting.

Buzz, Wllm1313 and others --Thank you. Just thought I'd ask an easy question instead of reading the whole damn regs book.

My 19 yo shot an elk and decided hunting big game is not for him. He has 6 wyo points set to expire....the brother has 4......I like Wllm1313 idea and will go with it and buy a point this year.....for next year, give the younger kid a 1 point bump....

Buzz- you are spot on-----thats why I asked, in hopes of Wyo having something similar. Thank you, Sir

Buzz, Wllm1313 and others --Thank you. Just thought I'd ask an easy question instead of reading the whole damn regs book.

My 19 yo shot an elk and decided hunting big game is not for him. He has 6 wyo points set to expire....the brother has 4......I like Wllm1313 idea and will go with it and buy a point this year.....for next year, give the younger kid a 1 point bump....

Buzz- you are spot on-----thats why I asked, in hopes of Wyo having something similar. Thank you, Sir

I know in certain circumstances, tags have been donated in WY. For example, an older outfitter in WY donated his sheep tag to a Wounded Warrior a few years ago. It was the outfitter's 2nd drawn sheep tag (not uncommon for WY residents). He felt it would be better used by someone who normally would be a long shot to draw such a tag. Turned out great for both parties. But transferring tags from one person in a family to another, without being a part of organizations such as Wounded Warrior or others, would be suspicious. I haven't read the regs so I can't speak to what certain circumstances allow for tag donation.

To give your younger one a one point bump will you have to buy the older one a liscense? I don’t know just asking?

Correct, the only exceptions in Wyoming are commission tags, governors tags, and for wounded warriors and others with disabilities...otherwise, no transferable licenses in Wyoming.

Back