Wyoming success with my kids

Lmwmihunter76

Well it took me a little while to get this posted (terribly busy at work). So last year I decided to take my boys out on an antelope hunt.
After the first 2 days and many blown stalks the kids where getting flustered but I was trying to keep it positive although I did have my doubts at times.
My youngest son broke the ice on the 3rd day. Me and my oldest son both connected on the 4th day. The best part was being there with my kids and seeing the reactions after the shot, both completely different. My youngest is more excitable and emotional (like me) lots of whooping and hugging. The my oldest was exited as well but he just is more reserved (like his mom) but I could tell he was pumped due to his smile. Overall it was an amazing trip I loved spending time with my kids in the outdoors, and enjoying some beautiful sunsets. On the way home we even had a little side trip thought the Badlands in South Dakota.

Attachments

• IMG-1691.JPG
    IMG-1691.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG-1707.JPG
    IMG-1707.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG-1726.JPG
    IMG-1726.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG-1667.JPG
    IMG-1667.JPG
    1,000.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-1668.JPG
    IMG-1668.JPG
    828.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG-1755.JPG
    IMG-1755.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 69
Congrats!!That is awesome. It was great that you were able to take that side trip though the Badlands. Those little fellas will never forget the time spent together. My little hunting partner grew up, moved away to Tennessee, got married, bought a home and is fixing to be the father of my first grandchild. I'm fixing to retire and want to spend more time hunting but he is so busy he can't see straight. But I have some wonderful memories as does he, of hunting Colorado, Montana and all over Texas. I miss the simpler times. Don't blink buddy.

Well done. That's one thing I love about this state. Plenty of opportunity for a family to have a hunt they'll always remember.

Back