Wyoming region J

Nick87

It looks like I'll be taking my twelve year old step son for his first antelope hunt this year in a unit that over laps region j. I'm entrrtaining the idea of putting him in for a youth deer permit as we have 8 days to burn. Just wondering if any of you have any experience with this area. Maybe unit 64 in particular? Feel free to pm me if you have any opinion on if this would be worth it for a young hunter. Thanks.

If your trophy standards are reasonable I would be surprised if you looked around for 8 days and never saw a buck in 64. I elk hunt there and usually see a few deer while driving out and home. It will definitely be tougher than the antelope hunt.

I antelope hunted that area a few years back. Saw plenty of mule deer but no big bucks. That was just on our drive in and out of our antelope unit. Going in and out we took palmer canyon rd and also the tunnel rd.

Well…I took the plunge and put in for tags! Looking at Antelope 30 and General J deer tag. Plan on staying in Glenrock. Any tips or experiences from the area? Looking to draw Funcan Ranch of I’m successful but want to explore while I’m there as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back