MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming region b

blackbeard

I was curious if anyone has heard or seen what the mule deer population is like in region b, unit 6, 11or 9 along the black hills. I've heard good and bad things so I'm wondering if it's even worth applying for.

I spent a few days hunting in 11 and 14 back in 2021 and the only mule deer I could turn up on public land were on the border of unit 10 which is limited entry and not part of region B. With that said, I wouldn't waste my time on a region B tag unless I had access to private where I knew there was a decent population of Mule deer. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

^ that is as good a dead buck as I've ever seen from that area. There are some nice bucks across the fence on the Coal Mine leases behind the "No Hunting" signs. That said, is is a neat area and if I found some private access, it could be a fun hunt.

jcm 005.jpg
jcm 008.jpg

The problem with B is the private land. Plenty of public, but much of it doesn't hold many deer. Best habitat is the creek bottoms, but most of it is deeded and only available to outfitter clients. Success rates aren't bad, but a lot of people go, see very few deer on public land, get frustrated by private land, and return home empty handed. As long as you are okay with that, go for it.

Bumping - Any other info on Region B? I drew for the region - hunted B in 2019 and had a few good opportunities. However, I've heard it's become tougher by the year. Wondering what advice anyone might have going into this week. Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambushpredator
Back