MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Region B or R?

LOL It's certainly possible. I never inquire about these areas, I just see what other people say, and its not always that good.
Yeah, it seems like everyone has an opinion and it often is not very good. I often wonder if it is in an attempt to scare potential hunters off.

Me and 2 buddies will be hunting Wyoming this year for mulies, and were open to pretty much anywhere in the state, the problem is there is so much of the state to hunt and narrowing down regions, then units makes it difficult. R has piqued (thanks for the catch) my attention as well.

Yeah, it seems like everyone has an opinion and it often is not very good. I often wonder if it is in an attempt to scare potential hunters off.

Me and 2 buddies will be hunting Wyoming this year for mulies, and were open to pretty much anywhere in the state, the problem is there is so much of the state to hunt and narrowing down regions, then units makes it difficult. R has piqued (thanks for the catch) my attention as well.

Well good luck wherever you decide to go. If you choose R, you at least won't be disappointed in the beauty of landscape.

Hey SteveO how did it go in Region R??

Hey SteveO how did it go in Region R??
Sorry for such a late response.
It went good! Started out very discouraged buy how many people we ran into on Saturday. But Sunday was better as a lot of people were packing things up after the Sunday morning hunt. we were very fortunate Monday morning to glass a smaller 3 point that one of the guys in our party was happy to take, after we got done helping get his out. My buddy and i went out for the evening and we both killed 2 very nice bucks at the same time, although that made for long evening of getting out two deer. but it was all worth it. the 4th guy tagged out Tuesday afternoon with a small 4 point. it was a successful trip out there! and alot of fun. The views are amazing out there!

It went good! Started out very discouraged buy how many people we ran into on Saturday. But Sunday was better as a lot of people were packing things up after the Sunday morning hunt. we were very fortunate Monday morning to glass a smaller 3 point that one of the guys in our party was happy to take, after we got done helping get his out. My buddy and i went out for the evening and we both killed 2 very nice bucks at the same time, although that made for long evening of getting out two deer. but it was all worth it. the 4th guy tagged out Tuesday afternoon with a small 4 point. it was a successful trip out there! and alot of fun. The views are amazing out there!
Awesome! It is always great to hear of the successful hunts!

Any pics of the bucks?

I drew a region R deer tag for this year and will be going out with the bow in September to essentially scout for October rifle. Obviously am hoping to get a shot a decent buck but have never hunted this region before so trying the be realistic . Do you need to bring an ATV/UTV to try and get away from crowds? Or can you drive a 4x4 truck most places and then hike in from there? I'm going with my dad who is fairly mobile but probably won't be hunting super high elevation due to that. Any advice?

I drew a region R deer tag for this year and will be going out with the bow in September to essentially scout for October rifle. Obviously am hoping to get a shot a decent buck but have never hunted this region before so trying the be realistic . Do you need to bring an ATV/UTV to try and get away from crowds? Or can you drive a 4x4 truck most places and then hike in from there? I'm going with my dad who is fairly mobile but probably won't be hunting super high elevation due to that. Any advice?
Atv is not required. Might be more useful with the bow. We just used our trucks and walked in from there

Atv is not required. Might be more useful with the bow. We just used our trucks and walked in from there
We are planning on setting up a wall tent for sleeping/Basecamp. What did you do for camp? Dispersed camping on BLM, one of the National Forest campgrounds or private? Trying to figure out the best place to set up camp. Will probably have to stay a night in a hotel and then scout for camping spots along with trying to locate some bucks

Reactions: JAG
We found a spot out of the wind just off the road in BLM. There will be camps and campers and trucks and atvs/utvs all over. I don’t think you’ll need the hotel room, personally.

Nice 3 point!

SteveO, did you end up camping with a wall tent or going deeper into the back-country?

Nice 3 point!

SteveO, did you end up camping with a wall tent or going deeper into the back-country?
We stayed in a hotel in town and drove around and did selective walk in's where other hunter's were not.

Reactions: JAG
Back