Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming Pronghorn are calling me

Congrats Randy!

Beautiful buck. Love his mass. Good poke at 500 yards too.

Tell Mark hello and good luck finding him a good one.

Best medicine money can buy.

Congrats on the buck, and getting back out there. Have fun and keep yourself healthy.

Today was a ton of fun. I think I enjoy being the extra set of eyes as much as I enjoy having a tag in my pocket. We spent this morning looking for a big buck that slipped past us yesterday, but could not locate him. Moved on to a different area and found a really good one after sorting through tons of others.

We almost closed the deal, but it just couldn't come together. When I look at how much hassle we have when making a stalk, it is amazing we shoot anything. While in the middle of a stalk, you hear things like .....

"Stop. We lost audio. Lets check your transmitted. Here, pull the transmitter out of the pack and put new batteries in." Meanwhile, the animal is walking further away.

"Just wait, I want to get some of this stalking footage, so let me get ahead of you." In the process, some great footage is gathered without having to do recreates, but it makes a lot more noise and slows down the stalk.

"We need three hours for interviews this afternoon." Something necessary, regardless of how many tags have yet to be filled.

These guys do a great job of trying to not interfere with the hunting, but the mere fact that we are filming these hunts makes it impossible to not have some impositions. I envy the ease with which the whitetail treestand hunts can be filmed, even if sitting there for days on end would bore me to tears.

We have two really good bucks lined up. One of them got on private and we could not go after him. We first found him on public. He is a whopper. Just not sure if he is going to give us a chance. The other buck is a good one also, and probably one of the prettiest bucks I have ever seen. I think I would have been inclined to shoot him just for the wall appeal.

Took pics of many of the bucks today. Some having not remarkable features to their horns, some having one of the three (mass, prong, length), and all being a lot of fun to look at and try to make bigger than you think.

Pics of some of them.

DSCN0263.JPG

DSCN0279.JPG

DSCN0281.JPG

DSCN0283.JPG

DSCN0285.JPG

DSCN0287.JPG

DSCN0290.JPG

DSCN0293.JPG

Glad to see you found some good heart medicine Randy. Nothing better for the body then being out in God's country.

Congrats on a nice buck. Hopefully today is the day for StillKickin to make one stopkickin.

I wish people would quit braggin on Wyo and showing pics all the time. I LIKE having less people in the state than Pronghorn!! ;)

Depending which side of the hiway you're on, I should pick your brain on those other bucks you don't have a tag for. My 13 year-old daughter does and the one looks like a nice candidate!

Great pics.
-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Lots of TV work yet to do, but thought I would post a pic of today's efforts. Mark toasted this buck, a really good one. No trick photography stuff needed on this buck.

Probably as pretty of a buck as I have ever seen.

Will give the full story later tonight. Want to finish up the TV stuff so we can get on the road tomorrow.

Gonna be a great episode.

IMG_0098.JPG

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back