Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Proghorn, Plan C

Foxtrot1

Got results from WY this morning, we struck out on pronghorn tags, even in our second choice unit. We did draw or 2nd choice mule deer tags, Region T. Does anyone know of a landowner within driving distance of Region T that would charge a reasonable trespass fee for Pronghorn in a unit that usually has leftover tags? I know its kind of late for this, but I really thought we would draw this year. Thanks for any help.

Your best bet is probably to look on the leftover list that is already on the G&F website and write down all the antelope units that you would want to drive to that are showing they have leftover tags. Give it several days to calm down after the draw today and then call the Cheyenne Office and see if they can provide you a list of ranchers that allow access for a fee. Normally they charge a fee for a buck, but many allow free hunting for does. Are you hunting a private ranch in Region T for deer?

We have access to a private ranch, but we are looking at a couple of walk in areas also. I checked with the Cheyenne office prior to drawing and their list of landowners is pretty slim for that region. This kinda threw a fly in the ointment, the ranch we have access to has alot of pronghorn and not that many deer. The deer tags were mainly an afterthought, of "if driving that far, why not do a combo". Thanks for the advice.

Back